[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - GOP open warning

GOP open warning

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

GOP open warning

Postby Shantyman » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I have DVDlab Studio version 1.25 050606 and encode MP2 files with TMPGEnc version 2.1.3.8. Both are on Vista and XP on a caddy for same PC. For the same MP2s Vista says the GOPs are open and are not acceptable while XP says they are open but its OK to use them. On this forum I see advice to uncheck the GOP warning but this is not availabe in my Project/Advanced/Properties. Both drives were installed a few years back and Vista's problems are recent.
Should I reinstall DVDlab on the Vista Drive as Vista is far more prone to problems than XP ? Have you other suggestions ? Both my versions of DVDlab Studio and TMPGEnc handle my videos so I am wary of spending cash without a definite advantage.
Thanks
Shantyman

Re: GOP open warning

Postby antonsvideo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 pm

first of all, you should be making elementary streams and not program streams, because DVD Lab will have to demux the program streams into elementary streams

your version of Tmpg is very old but it should let you encode with closed GOP?

I have DVD Lab Pro and it does allow turning off the GOP warning
Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
antonsvideo

Postby Shantyman » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 pm

My "old" version of TMPGEnc does allow me to output seperate video and audio files, which I always do so this is not the problem. It does not offer GOPs closed but just outputs them open. However as DVDlab on XP accepts the same files that DVDlab on Vista warns there is a serious problem my problem lies with the Vista installation.
Should I re-install DVDlab or is there a better way ?
Shantyman

Postby antonsvideo » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 pm

I have no experience with DLP studio and its options

I am surprised that it does not allow disabling of open GOP warning

what happens if you ignore the warning, are you able to compile?

also, I would say hasta la vista baby sooner or later to vista ( a disaster OS if you ask me)
Anton Strauss
antonsvideo

Postby X_Splinter » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:38 pm

It has nothing to do with dvd lab pro.

Yes you can close the gops in TMPG, just use the advance view
X_Splinter

Postby riredale » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:21 pm

You'll have slightly better video compression if you encode your MPEG2 elementary stream with open GOPs. One example I saw on the Internet showed the open GOP version of an encode to have 1.7% better compression.
riredale

Postby antonsvideo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:10 am

Anton Strauss
antonsvideo

Postby riredale » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:27 pm

I've never done any encoding other than "open," and have never had any issues with forward or reverse playback on various DVD players. I do note on some Google links that "closed" is necessary when doing multi-angle DVD projects, but I have no experience with those.
riredale

Return to DVD-lab Authoring