[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - VTS.bin + VTS.PGC file - lots of vobs and no ifos...

VTS.bin + VTS.PGC file - lots of vobs and no ifos...

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

VTS.bin + VTS.PGC file - lots of vobs and no ifos...

Postby michaeldcoates » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:15 am

Hi all, hopefully a quick question, I am creating two dvds, the first went fine, it compiled just fine but the second gives me a strange problem, it creates a VTS.bin + VTS.PGC file with lots of vobs but no ifos - this is of course wrong but I am not sure why it's doing this. I have only 3 videos in there and less than 30 menus in total - before compile it gives me no errors.

Anyone seem this before, there's nothing online about it.

Thanks for reading
Michael
michaeldcoates

Re: VTS.bin + VTS.PGC file - lots of vobs and no ifos...

Postby Vapymid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:38 am

The compiler has aborted. There may be a number of reasons for it but most often it is caused by incorrect encoding of the source assets.

Look at compile log and check which was the last item handled before the compile, then check encoding parameters of its video and audio streams.

Also, do you use multi-cell menues in the project, if yes - how many cells?

Also, do you use chapter-playlists, if yes - how many?

Regards
Vapymid

Postby michaeldcoates » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 am

Thank you for the quick responce!

Look at compile log and check which was the last item handled before the compile, then check encoding parameters of its video and audio streams.

I'll have a look when I get home but all the files were encoded using compressor and the first dvd I made worked just fine so not sure this is the problem.

Also, do you use multi-cell menues in the project, if yes - how many cells?

I don't believe so, I'm unfamiliar with multi-cell menus...

Also, do you use chapter-playlists, if yes - how many?

Yes, in this dvd there are 19 - in the last there were 17 and that wasn't an issue...

Thanks again, I'll run another compile and have it produce a report, then study it and post any findings when I get home in about 3.5 hours.
All the best
Michael
michaeldcoates

Postby Vapymid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 am

Vapymid

Postby michaeldcoates » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 am

It finally worked with 15 and no more, I really needed 19 so this is a real problem. Basically I have two music concerts on this disc, there are 19 songs played and I wanted to allow people to have the option of picking songs in the order they wanted. The chapter playlist worked a treat but the only way I could get this to work was to add in 4 extra movie on the 4 songs I'm missing but this has pushed my dvd size to 5.1gb so I will have to use dvdshrink on it and lose quality - I have no idea where there appears to be a limit on chapter playlists - it makes no sense :( Can you suggest any other way of doing this?

I have two other problems which may or may not be solveable, firstly (and this may just be my rubbish dvd player) when I put in my disc to check it played the first movie and not the main (root) menu, I had assumed it went to root auto but do I have to set it? Also, the chapter playlists (Branches) don't seem to have a menu button bit meaning if you are deep into the heart of the disc picking a song and halfway through it you want to go back to the song list and you press menu, it actually goes back to the main (root) menu which is disappointing.

Thanks for your replies
Michael
michaeldcoates

Postby Vapymid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 am

I don't know exactly what the limit is - it seems different on different machines. Clearly, DVDLab runs out of something - must be memory. On my machine I have just made a test project with 40 such playlists and it compiled OK.

Firstly - your two other questions: the best thing will be for you to post your DAL file here or, at least a screenshot of the Connection window. They both seem like straightforward navigation tasks, which should be solvable pretty easily.

Secondly - the chapter playlists. Your two concerts - are they or can they be split into 2 separate movies? If yes, there may be a way yet to make it work with chapter playlists.

You can try putting each movie (and its chapter playlists) into a separate VTS and compile it again to see if it works. If it still doesn't, what you do is you create 2 separate projects with 1 movie and all its chapter lists in each one. Compile both projects separately and copy and save all VTS*.* files in separate directories. Then create a "master" project with a VMG menu and attach the two previously compiled VTSs using "menu:File->Attach External VTS..." function. Compile the master project.

That last option is practically guaranteed to work but it needs some careful planning of the navigation linking between various menues. It's a bit more "involved", so I listed it as the last resort option.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby michaeldcoates » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 am

Lots to consider... I have just tonight to finish this (it's a xmas present for someone I will see after work on Thursday!) so I am gonna try two things - install dvdlab pro on my parallels install on my macbook (more powerful than my rubbish pc) and also see if there are any updates available.
michaeldcoates

Return to DVD-lab Authoring