[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - menu problem

menu problem

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

menu problem

Postby tklink » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:16 am

hi,

I create motion menu with 2 cells: cell 1 which shows the motion as intro, and cell 2 will shows button. i compile with no error. however, when i preview on my computer, the menu keeps playing, there is no pause or stop end the end of menu to click on button.

Please help
tklink

Re: menu problem

Postby Vapymid » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:24 am

That is normal. Your background video should be made as long as you want the menu to show and user must select the button he wants while the menu is playing.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby tklink » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:39 am

hi,

I mean, the menu plays from the beginning to the end of the motion, and then it restarts to beginnning again and again. It does not stop/or pause at the end of the motion menu.

i set the cell 1 is link to next cell and what should i set the cell 2 in order for the menu to stop or pause at the end of cell 2. because i have the buttons shows at cell 2 not cell 1

thanks,
tklink

Postby Vapymid » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am

Your video should be as long as the combined duration of Cell 1 and 2.

For example, if your intro in Cell 1 is supposed to run for 10 seconds and then you want to give the user up to 1 minute to look at the menu and choose what he wants to do, the video should be 70 seconds long. It will NOT pause at the end - it will follow the end-link of the menu (POST commands) or the link on force-selected button. If the end-link goes to the same menu, it will loop (with VM commands you can make it skip the intro section and only loop Cell 2).

Regards
Vapymid

Postby tklink » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 am

thank you very much.

I have other question: how can i import vietnamese subtitle as well as type certain word in vietnamese in Menu? Which text or plug in should i use?

thanks,
tklink

Postby Vapymid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 am

You don't need any special plugins but you need to find a font which will work. I had the same situation with Cyrillic letters in subs and menues. So, first try setting various fonts until you see correct symbols in the menu editor, then do a test-compile to check that it will work in the final product. Then do the same with a subtitle stream.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby tklink » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:17 am

thanks,

other thing is i create a main menu (with 2 cell :cell 1 intro, and cell 2 loop with 2 button) and a sub menu with subtitle selection and a back button.
and how do i link the back button from sub menu back to main menu, cell 2? ( I right click on the back button and select link to cell and choose cell 2, but it doesnt do anything)

thanks alot helping.
tklink

Postby Vapymid » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 am

Vapymid

Postby tklink » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 am

thank you very much for your helping. the menu is now working. however, for the vietnamese subtitle, i'm unable to find the font to work with dvdlab.

do you have another way to add vietnamese subtitle.

thanks
tklink

Postby tklink » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:36 am

I have another question:

in the movie, i have 2 subtitles which i have main menu, and setup page with 2 subtitles selection (page a2 for sub1) and (page a3 for sub2). It seems that only 1 sub1 work, but not sub2. Which command or what do i do to set sub2.

thanks,
tklink

Next

Return to DVD-lab Authoring