[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - problem with links to root menu

problem with links to root menu

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

problem with links to root menu

Postby lukasz.w80 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 am

hi !

I like DLP very much but sometimes it's driving me crazy... maybe I'am doing something wrong or what I'am trying to do is not possible - either way I'ts not working.

I have created a project with one vts. There is first play slideshow(but the title button is linked to root menu), main menu (root), one movie (actually there are 5 short ones linked one to another), one submenu with 5 "pages", and other submenu with 12 "pages" (this one is sort of catalogue).
So the 12 "pages" of menu are linked one to another, so are the 5 other one (very simple way: 2 buttons set to auto-action and it goes from one page to another).
All this work fine. the problem ?

I want to link all the 5 submenus "pages" to root menu when you hit the menu button on remote (sort of idiot proof system, when you don't know what to do, push menu button on remote and return to the main menu). the same thing with the video files, and other 12 submenu pages.
So everywhere I could I set the "menu button (on remote)" to root menu but when I play it in my dvd player it works in very mysterious way: when you push the menu button it sends you for example to the first play slideshow (the same goes with title button on remote) sometimes it sends you to one of the movies, when you play a movie and hit the menu button it sends you to firstplay, sometimes to the last menu you were watching before playing the movie - briefly instead of send you to the root menu it sends you to some other place witch is not even linked to the menu button.

and I dont know how to make it work as it supposed to work. Can you guys help me with it ?
lukasz.w80

Re: problem with links to root menu

Postby antonsvideo » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 pm

can we see a screenshot of connection view

also, is your root menu a VTS menu or VMG menu?

if only one VTS, use a VTS root menu
Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
antonsvideo

Postby lukasz.w80 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:54 pm

hi !

no problem with the screenshot :)Image

so this is how it lokka like for now. as you can see I used one VTS menu.

menu1: as you can see on the bottom of the picture the "menu button(on remote)" is set to "root menu" as is in every other menu from menu1 so anyone want to come back from this menu to root menu.
but now when I hit Menu button on remote (and title menu buuton as well) it sends me to.... firstplay slideshow instead to the root menu. Why? don't know.

menu2: so the first menu with numer 00 is sort of main menu in this set and from it all other ones are linked. so I want all of them (from 8-19) to return to "00 katalog" menu wneh you hit the menu button. And on ther bottom on every of these menus (8-19) I set the "menu button(on remote)" to "00 katalog". So now wnen I hit menu on remote it sends me to.... the last watched part od the movie. And when beeing in the movie I hit menu on remote it sends me back to the ther same menu which is even wierder....

The only thing that workc correctly is the movie. when I watch the movie and select menu buuton it actually sends me to root menu. Besides of that nothing works properly...

Is there something I'am doing wrong ?
lukasz.w80

Postby antonsvideo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:58 pm

I am not sure why most of your menus have end links and end actions set, I never do that, are your menus not still menus? do they have a timeout setting?

I set each menu to Root Menu and SELF
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/dvd- ... ctions.png

I can press the menu button while on any menu and I am returned to the root menu
Anton Strauss
antonsvideo

Postby Vapymid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 am

There is a misunderstanding here about how Menu button on remote controllers works.

- When RC Menu is pressed during playback of a title (a movie, slideshow or audio title), it executes CallSS VTSM command and goes to the ROOT (hidden) menu in the same VTS as the title.
- When RC Menu is pressed from a VMG or VTSM menu it executes RSM (Resume) command and resumes playback of the last played title.

This behaviour is "hard-wired" in DVD players and cannot be changed.

DVDLab adds some additional code which allows fine-tuning of that navigation but there are things that must be kept in mind:

- DVDLab's Abstraction Layer will redirect CallSS VTSM call from the hidden ROOT to another menu based on its IN node and the value of GPRM11, this redirection is done by drawing "M+" links in Connections.

- but "M+" menu link from Menu B to Menu A will work ONLY if RSM command was issued from Menu B (on RC or on a menu button), followed by RC Menu button or VM CallSS VTSM command from the resumed title. It will NOT switch to Menu A directly from Menu B if you press the Menu button on the RC.

If the navigation plan for your DVD requires that there should always be a direct route from certain sub-menues to a particular "upper" menu then the sub-menues must have buttons linked to that "upper" menu designed into them before compiling of the project.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby lukasz.w80 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm

this is killing me... I'am almost giving up...

antonsvideo:
well, this strange thing you on the connections is a result of searching and trying new things. oryginally It was as yours - only root menu and SELF. However it was not working. Always after hitting RC menu button it wes sending me to the firstplay instead to root menu. why ? god knows I dont know. How is it working fine with you - I don't know either ?

Vapymid:
Your explenations are very nice but combination of my "english", of specific vocabulary and of my not so great knowledge made me understand very little from what you said.
I did notice though that every time I hit RC it sends me to previous played title (as you said it resumes the last played title) - but You said it will happen in WMG so why is it happening in my project where I dont have VMG menu and only one VTS ?

Generally I'am just not able to understand why when I have menus in one vts, they don't want to go to the root menu even if they are told to do so in the project ?

I tied to do several diffrent options but it was always the same.
I make a project with VMG and 2 VTS (one vts with movies and one menu and other only with menu B) - this was not bad because hitting menu button did nothing - just red crossed circle appeard - it was ok, because if it don't want to go where I want it to go - the it's better when it does nothing.
However when I added firstplay everyting came back. Every time I hited the RC menu button it was directing me to the firstplay (so it was resumaing the last played title).

I also draw the M+ links but no changes.

And I don't have any other ideas.

Well maybe one, but I dont also know if it will work.
Is there any way to block all actions when hitting the RC menu button ?
In every menu I have button linked to upper menu. it is working ok, but if someone will hit the RC menu button it will send him to some wird place and I suppose the user will be mad about it, especially if it will occur several times - I know I'am so anybody will be too I think. So is there a way to block any kind of action when the RC menu button is hit ?
As I wrote, I already have something like that but I dont know why or how it works that way especially thet when I'am adding a firstplay slideshow it starts to work again and of course not properly.
Thera are some UOP commands, but when I selected "menu call-root" and "menu call-title" it did nothing, I mean the RC menu button still worked.
So I dont know - is that possible at all or not ?

this is my last idea... if it will not work then I dont know...

Thanks.
lukasz.w80

Postby antonsvideo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 am

can you upload the project file, I don't need the clips, only the project file (very small file size)

I will then add my clips to the movie place holders so I can see what you did and test it

by the way, I always add a return to last menu object, so whenever a user presses menu button, he/she will be returned to the menu they came from with the button they pressed highlighted
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html ... -pro4.html

also, I add a Home Button to each sub menu which is linked to the root menu, this is a common procedure, "a must" in my opinion
Anton Strauss
antonsvideo

Postby lukasz.w80 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:21 am

hi !
antonvideo: I send you the link to my private server in private message - it's in private because I dont want to give the login and password in open channel.

When you will look at it you will see that In every still menu I have buttons that links to previous, upper menu - this is normal I guess. And they work ok.
The problem is that users are lazy and in addition they want to do everyting in shortest way possible - I showed my compiled project to some of my friends and this problem came up.
They just don't want to come back to main menu by clicking 5 times the remote menu byb menu...they want to hit menu button on remote ant be send directly to main menu. And they are surprised because they are send to previous movie and then when the hir menu one more they are coming back to previous menu.... the solution would be to block any kind of action when pressing RC menu button, but is this possible at all ?

but for now, I will wait for your comment on my project file. maybe you will see something that I don't :)

thanks.
lukasz.w80

Postby antonsvideo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:11 am

your project works fine here, I can return to the root menu from any movie or menu

however, I was not able to compile your project until I deleted the slide show, because of the missing assets of the slide show (maybe the slideshow causes the problem?)

I connected first play to the root menu and compiled with my dummy movies in place of yours

1. I dislike DLP slide shows, if I need one, I turn them into a movie instead

2. I noticed the way you did the navigation is not user friendly for PC users, they have to click the little bullet

I never link the little bullet, instead a draw a hotspot rectangle over bullet and text and link the hotspot, this way the user can hold mouse over text and click it and it works
Anton Strauss
antonsvideo

Postby Vapymid » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:58 am

Vapymid

Return to DVD-lab Authoring