Oscar, any housekeeping on DLP?

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Oscar, any housekeeping on DLP?

Postby riredale » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 pm

I am always surprised that a program as brilliant and sophisticated as DLP is not being actively promoted. My impression is that for one reason or another you decided to shut down your connection with the development team some years ago.

I'm also surprised that some other big fish hasn't offered to buy DLP and continue the process, much like Apple bought out Spruce years ago in order to get the popular DVD Maestro (and turn it into DVD Studio Pro).

Best regards.
riredale

Re: Oscar, any housekeeping on DLP?

Postby Oscar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks. The DVD authoring generally stagnated after the Blu-ray become the choice.
I decided not to go to Blu ray because the patent royalties and the tax withholding become a bureaucratic NIGHTMARE for me. And we are sometimes talking about pennies. For example right now I have submit $0.56 cents to JVC as a patent royalty payment through MPEGLA and submit withholding tax $0.06 cents to the tax authorities with its own form, and do it quarterly and do these for other 15 or so parties like samsung, lg, alcatel, HP and whatever else, each in different country and each with different tax rate.
And I don't think BD was created for people to burn their own disks, in fact I think the involved parties don't want you to author your disks at all...only to copy avchd structure from your camera to bd and then buy studio made disks.
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Oscar, any housekeeping on DLP?

Postby jberry » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

I really miss the forum and DVDLab talk. I am not sure why you do not go the multiavchd route. DVDLab would be wonderful in that sense of making nice menus, etc. for personally recorded stuff.

There are still bugs in dvdlab as well...maybe relook at it?
jberry

Return to DVD-lab Authoring