[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Got a challenge with my Multi PGC Videos...

Got a challenge with my Multi PGC Videos...

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Got a challenge with my Multi PGC Videos...

Postby rlowe » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:05 pm

In a VM command I'm making calls out to a Multi PGC Video. In fact, 5 seperate Multi PGC Videos here is the code:

----------------------------
if (GPRM0 == 1) Goto 5
if (GPRM0 == 2) Goto 10
if (GPRM0 == 3) Goto 15
if (GPRM0 == 0) Goto 20
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 1)
<---------- You can see here I call out to my Multi PGC to play the intro video
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 2) <---------- then here I call out to play the first main video.
Goto 20
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 3)
<---------- You can see here I call out to my Multi PGC to play another intro video
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 4) <---------- then here I call out to play the second main video.
Goto 20
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 5)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 6)
Goto 20
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM1 == 1) Goto 25
if (GPRM1 == 2) Goto 30
if (GPRM1 == 0) Goto 40
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 3, ptt 1)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 3, ptt 2)
Goto 40
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 3, ptt 3)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 3, ptt 4)
Goto 40
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM2 == 1) Goto 45
if (GPRM2 == 2) Goto 50
if (GPRM2 == 0) Goto 60
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 1)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 2)
Goto 60
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 5)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 6)
Goto 60
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM3 == 1) Goto 65
if (GPRM3 == 2) Goto 85
if (GPRM3 == 3) Goto 75
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM5 == 1) Goto 67
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 3)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 4)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 1)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 2)
Goto 90
Nop
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM5 == 1) Goto 77
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 3)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 4, ptt 4)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 5)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 6)
Goto 90
Nop
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 3)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 6, ptt 4)
Goto 90
Nop
Nop
if (GPRM4 == 1) Goto 95
if (GPRM4 == 0) Goto 100
Nop
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 5, ptt 1)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 5, ptt 2)
Nop
Nop
Nop
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 7, ptt 1)
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 7, ptt 2)
LinkPGCN 104
Nop
Nop
Nop

----------------------------

My challenge is this, when I run a test it seems that when the section of the Multi PGC is done it dose not return to the VM command that called it. It goes on to play the next video contained in the Multi PGC. Is there anyway to ensure that once a clip is finished playing that it goes back to the VM command and continues from where it left off?
rlowe

Re: Got a challenge with my Multi PGC Videos...

Postby rlowe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:20 am

I see some folks have read my post . Does anybody have a suggestion for me?
rlowe

Postby Vapymid » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:37 am

Vapymid

Postby rlowe » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Guys,

It's been a while.... I got pulled onto other projects now I'm back.

Thanks Vapymid for your reply.

This part actually sunk in "That's actually how it is supposed to work. You should put the necessary code in the corresponding VM sections of the MultiPGC titles themselves."

Right now I'm not getting this part of your answer "...Also, while within the VTS Title domain you can move between chapters using LinkPGCN or LinkPTT commands, which can be used in-line with GPRM-to-constant comparison."

How can I translate that into having the program return to the point in the VM command from which it was called?

:?: Do you have any suggestions or an example of code that can help me?
Thanks again.
rlowe

Postby Vapymid » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:02 pm

"How can I translate that into having the program return to the point in the VM command from which it was called?"

You can't. It just doesn't work like that. You can use VM commands inside PRE/POST/CELL areas to move to the VM object (via the ROOT) but you can't start execution from the previous branching point - you always start at the beginning.

If you explain in more detail how you want the navigation to work on your disc I may be able to give specific suggestions.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby rlowe » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:41 pm

I did some tests and I get it now.

When you jump using LinkPGCN or LinkPTT commands you literally "jump".
So what I found which worked for me was to setup a number of VM commands like the following:

ex1:

if (GPRM0 == 101) Goto 5
GPRM0 = 101
JumpVTS_PTT (tt 2, ptt 3)
Nop
GPRM0 = 0
LinkPGCN 34

The logic is, GPRM0 is my control trigger.
Anytime I jump to a movie or a section in my Multi PCG video I assign a unique number to GPRM0.
In the above example I set it to 101.

At the end of playing any of my movies or Multi PCG videos, I jump to a case statement which will analyze GPRM0 and a jump back to the originating VM Command.

ex2:
Control Register GPRM 0

101: VM Command 1
102: VM Command 2
103: VM Command 3
104: VM Command 4
105: VM Command 5

As you can see in ex1, if GPRM0 is still assigned it's unique number then as you see it will be reset to 0 and move on to the next location.

It took a little doing but I was able to wrap my head around it.

Thanks again Vapymid. :)
rlowe

Return to DVD-lab Authoring