[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - DVD LAB PRO 2.51 MENU BAR HAS GONE!

DVD LAB PRO 2.51 MENU BAR HAS GONE!

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

DVD LAB PRO 2.51 MENU BAR HAS GONE!

Postby peterlloyd » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 pm

I cannot find the main menu for the program . The program windows are bizarre. Since there is no longer a main menu bar, I cannot use it to restore the windows to their normal positions.
I have ferreted with first and second mouse in all domains I have done clean re-installations of the program with no change in behavior. HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED FOR KEY PROJECT. THANKS
peterlloyd

Re: DVD LAB PRO 2.51 MENU BAR HAS GONE!

Postby antonsvideo » Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 am

do you mean the File, Edit, View..... menu? or the Toolbar below?
Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
antonsvideo

Postby Vapymid » Wed May 01, 2013 4:35 am

You must have dragged and dropped it somewhere... Like many Windows programs, DVDLab allows you to do that. Look around the edges of the screen(s) - maybe you'll find it.

In the worst case - uninstall DVDLab, delete all its registry keys (except the unlock code) and reinstall it again.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby peterlloyd » Wed May 01, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks for your responses.
Anton,
The FileFile, Edit, View..... menu has vanished.
Vapymid, Can you advise where DLP registry keys are to be found or what I should search the registry for. I had tried several searches
with combinations of DVD LAB PRO and did not find anything to delete. I had followed the process you recommended-
"uninstall DVDLab, delete all its registry keys (except the unlock code) and reinstall it again"
THANKS!!
I have used DLP for over 7 years. I cannot believe this!
peterlloyd

Postby Vapymid » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 pm

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDAuthor2

Regards
Vapymid

Postby peterlloyd » Wed May 01, 2013 1:18 pm

After uninstalling there are two entries under DVDAuthor2 in the registry "ab(Default) and an icon+Reset. Delete both ?
peterlloyd

Postby Vapymid » Wed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Delete "DVDAuthor2" key itself, to be sure...

Regards
Vapymid

Postby peterlloyd » Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm

VApymid,
Thanks! will you be around for a while? I am doing it and will report immediately
Regards
Peter
peterlloyd

Postby peterlloyd » Wed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Vapymid,
THAT DID IT - uninstalling, deleting the entire key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDAuthor2 and re-installing brought normality back complete with menu bar!!

At your leisure, where is the unlock code in case I have to do this again sometime and need to avoid deleting it? What does it do?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR PROMPT HELP

Peter
peterlloyd

Postby Vapymid » Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 am

On my systems the unlock codes appear to be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDAuthor

So, as long as you keep that key you shouldn't need to re-enter the unlock code if you reinstall DVDLab.

Regards
Vapymid

Return to DVD-lab Authoring