[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Chapter selection always goes to chapter "0"

Chapter selection always goes to chapter "0"

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Chapter selection always goes to chapter "0"

Postby MikeB » Thu May 30, 2013 8:37 pm

I imported a vob from a home movie because the person that made it included no chapter selection menu and simply set chapters to every 10 minutes. I set correct chapter points (44 total) and then created root and selection menus using the wizards.

Everything looked OK to me but I've never tried this before.

When playing, no matter which chapter is chosen, the movie starts at the beginning. When playing, time shows the movie being 13 seconds long even though it's over 2 hours long. The movie will play all the way through, correct times or not.

I'm play-testing using Media Player Cinema. I wondered if it might be the cause but no other DVD causes it trouble.

Thanks,
MikeB

Re: Chapter selection always goes to chapter "0"

Postby antonsvideo » Thu May 30, 2013 9:03 pm

did you choose the demux and join option when you added the VOB
http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/dvd-lab.html

this should have given you one m2v and one ac3 or mp2 or wav audio file
Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
antonsvideo

Postby MikeB » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:10 pm

I let it join without demuxxing since that was the default, since nothing indicated a difference relevant to my situation and because I have no need to play with the streams seperately.

I can give it a shot, anything I need to watch out for?
MikeB

Postby MikeB » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Ah, cool. Finished customizing the menus, recompiled and it works perfectly. At least in MPC, reading the directory. Now, I just gotta get a disc and cross my fingers...

Thanks!

P.S. If it matters, the dialog that page shows doesn't match what I have.
MikeB

Postby antonsvideo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

the screenshot was taken from an earlier version, but the principle is the same

always demux
Anton Strauss
Antons Video Productions - Sydney
antonsvideo

Return to DVD-lab Authoring