[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Playlist for Multiple external VTS movies?

Playlist for Multiple external VTS movies?

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Playlist for Multiple external VTS movies?

Postby Buford1966 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 am

Any known tricks for making the called movies within multiple external vts to play in consecutive order? I have about 30 partial to full length concerts as audio tracks with chapter marks and corresponding photos/slides. Putting each one in a separate VTS, with a root menu linking to song titles, I can only get 6 to 7 into a project before compiler crashes or out-of-memory errors prevent further progress. I'm guessing DVD-Lab maybe looks at each chapter/photo/slide as a new menu, however they are nowhere near approaching the number limit for menus. And, it is a megaproject, which I assumed would give me a bit more memory to play around with. I close all other applications, windows, background processes, hit the "free up memory" button and eek out a few more commands before I'm against the wall again. So, I reconfigured by compiling multiple projects each containing a single concert track with corresponding root menu, then importing the resultant VTS's into a project that will allow the user to select and play from a list or choose track menu for a concert. Haven't figured a way to play all the concerts in a row without user interaction, but it would be lovely if I could just pop the disk in and have it play all movies/audio tracks automatically like a cd, maybe even start with random track, with the option of letting the user pull up a menu for tuning in particular selections at will. The help file mentions a limit of 3 imported vts (if I read that right) but so far it has handled nine without incident, so I'll proceed until the next snag I guess.
Buford1966

Re: Playlist for Multiple external VTS movies?

Postby Buford1966 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:38 am

On further testing, I think I see now why the help file mentioned having no more than 3 imported VTS in project. If you link to a movie beyond the third one, it will play the movie from the previous imported VTS instead. So if you desire for the movie in imported VTS 5 to play, you should link to the movie in VTS 6. In order to link your last VTS movie, you will need to create a dummy imported VTS movie and link to it. Linking to external VTS menus does not appear to pose the same problem, that is to say that if you link to external VTS menu 4, it will take you there. I've imported ten external VTS so far all of the above is holding true. Dirty programming, but it is working as of now. Don't know if any of this has been covered in any topics. Just my experience in case anyone has an interest.
Buford1966

Postby Vapymid » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 am

Vapymid

Postby Buford1966 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Buford1966

Postby Buford1966 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:08 am

Had a little spare time so thought I'd give your suggestion a shot. I have one movie, 3 seconds of black screen, in VTS 1. All the other movies (21 so far) are attached external VTS. My VGM VM object looks like this:

GPRM13 = 255
GPRM12 = 2
if (GPRM11 == GPRM12) JumpTT 1
GPRM12 = SPRM4
GPRM0 = 1
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 2
GPRM0 = 2
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 3
GPRM0 = 3
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 4
GPRM0 = 4
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 5
GPRM0 = 5
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 6
GPRM0 = 6
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 7
GPRM0 = 7
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 8
GPRM0 = 8
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 9
GPRM0 = 9
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 10
GPRM0 = 10
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 11
GPRM0 = 11
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 12
GPRM0 = 12
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 13
GPRM0 = 13
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 14
GPRM0 = 14
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 15
GPRM0 = 15
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 16
GPRM0 = 16
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 17
GPRM0 = 17
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 18
GPRM0 = 18
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 19
GPRM0 = 19
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 20
GPRM0 = 20
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 21
GPRM0 = 21
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 22
GPRM13 = 0
LinkPGCN 2

and the post commands for all movies are:

GPRM0 = 255
If (GPRM13 == GPRM0) CallSS VMGM (pgc 2, rsm_cell 1)

My VMG menu is pgc 2 and I have a button linked to the VM object. When I play the compiled object, the movie in native VTS1 plays and returns to the VMG menu instead of going to the next movie and so on. Since that first movie Is just three seconds of blank screen, I eliminated it from the list and my VM command became:

GPRM13 = 255
GPRM12 = 2
if (GPRM11 == GPRM12) JumpTT 2
GPRM12 = SPRM4
GPRM0 = 2
if (GPRM12 == GPRM0) JumpTT 3

... and so forth. When I play the compilation, indeed the movie in the first attached external VTS plays, but at the conclusion it returns to the VMG menu instead of continuing to the next movie.

I don't know what I'm missing, but on a good note, somewhere along the line all the fooling around caused something to reset. Now when I link to the movie in external VTS 5, that is the one which plays. No more linking to the subsequent movie to get the current one to play. Yeah!

Thanks for your help, V. If nothing else, at least getting the linkage thing straightened out will save me from a headache as I continue to add external VTS's.
Buford1966

Postby Vapymid » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Vapymid

Postby Buford1966 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:30 am

OH DUR, Boink <slaps forehead>. Works like a charm. Now I feel like the sharpest knife in the drawer. I had a feeling it was right under my nose and I just wasn't able to pierce the cloud of fatigue I was under to see it. (Most of my project is just bone-wearing mindless grunt work. No way around it. Templates help but there are still a ginormous amount of pieces to copy and paste.) Thanks a million for helping me out bud. You could've said, "hey idiot, go back and READ the instructions," like most people probably would. Thanks for your tact also.

I failed Assembly language thrice. First two times the instructor only spoke in Hindi and the book was worthless. Third time the instructor spoke English but the machine was different with different instruction set, and I was so messed up from the first two failures that I couldn't unlearn the bad info quick enough to keep up with the new stuff being thrown at me. After 25 years I still go into anxiety mode at the sight of anything vaguely reminiscent. Normally I'm calm in the face of death, but boy oh boy does code throw me into a spin.

I can see where an understanding of VM codes, their meaning and function would be helpful. If Blu-Ray doesn't overtake us, I may have to dig in and do a little work. DVD-Lab does such a fantastic job handling most scenarios I've needed it for, that I seldom think of what potential could be beyond that.
Buford1966

Postby Buford1966 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:57 am

Another question.... now that I have a 'play all' playlist for the external vts movies, it got me thinking that I might be able to enter the playlist at any point and play through the list until the end. The VM menu from which I'm linking to the movies is a chronological listing of concerts, so for example, I'm wanting the capability of starting the third item on the list and playing through the rest of the list. So, what I did was to make additional VM commands for each movie with the following code:

GPRM13 = 255
GPRM12 = 2
if (GPRM11 == GPRM12) JumpTT X
GPRM13 = 0
LinkPGCN 2

where X is the desired movie I want to play first. Then from the VM menu I link to the corresponding VM command instead of linking to the attached VTS movie directly.

It seemed to work. After playing the desired movie, it re-entered the 'play all' vm command playlist and played the following movies in correct sequence until the conclusion.

However, I'm linking to 28 movies and I cannot list them all on just the one VM menu. So the list is spread over three VM menus. While all the links from the first VM menu seem to work perfectly, movies played from VM menus 2 and 3 brick the DVD player software.

So, I modified the VM command codes for the movies appearing on the second VM menu into the following:

GPRM13 = 255
GPRM12 = 2
if (GPRM11 != GPRM12) JumpTT X
GPRM13 = 0
LinkPGCN 3

...and VM commands for movies appearing the list on VM menu 3 become:

GPRM13 = 255
GPRM12 = 2
if (GPRM11 != GPRM12) JumpTT X
GPRM13 = 0
LinkPGCN 4

Everything SEEMS to work as intended, with the dvd playing from a selected movie sequentially through the end of the playlist and then returning to the first VM menu.

Am I missing something that could potentially cause a player to lock up? I'm fiddling with stuff I only partially understand.

Also, is it possible to jump into a random point within the first 'play all' vm command playlist? I knew before I tried it that a native VTS random playlist listing all the VM command lists I just created would not work, but had to satisfy my curiosity anyway. Yep, no odd behaviors, just bricks the player software as expected.
Buford1966

Postby Vapymid » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:50 am

Vapymid

Postby Buford1966 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:08 am

Super! That eliminated a lot of extraneous junk and works great. Got what I was shooting for plus a little more. The "Set GPRM and link" only goes up to 10, but linking to VM command let me accomplish the same thing since I'm not linking to another object. Got my random selection and continuous play from random access point to work as well. Well, pseudo-random anyway.
Buford1966

Return to DVD-lab Authoring