[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Menu button jumps to wrong menu....

Menu button jumps to wrong menu....

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

Menu button jumps to wrong menu....

Postby rlowe » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:09 pm

Here is the structure of my DVD

English menus are set to blue, Red for French menus and Green for Spanish menus .

The problem I am having is when the user presses the "menu" button the DVD jumps to the root menu
(Circled in orange). This happen whether the user is watching a video or in a menu.

I would like it to jump to the main menu that corresponds to the language the DVD is set to.
If i let the videos play normally it works fine.
Only when the user presses the "menu" button" does it go to the wrong menu

You may not see it but I used the MENU button link tool to connect all my English menus to the "English Main Menu"
and did the same for Spanish and french menus. It still jumps to the Root Menu.

Any ideas?
rlowe

Re: Menu button jumps to wrong menu....

Postby rlowe » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:33 pm

I figured it out.

Yippee! :lol:
rlowe

Postby Ian Bell » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:50 am

Mmmmm, would you care to let us in on the solution? :D
Ian Bell

Postby videonut » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:30 am

The coloring and zoomed-out picture is throwing me off, but if it wasn't for that I'd say those are all open components. But you said nothing about that, so ...

If that's the case, then you should know that a bug in DLP causes the setting for "Menu button (on remote)", and "Return" to revert back to ROOT for every menu in a component virtually every time you export it. I say "virtually" because maybe once in 50 times a few menus might hold the setting. The strange thing about it is that every UOP setting under the heading "Prohibit Poor User from Doing", DOES stay set.
My scripts use no politically-correct language,
and my components contain no Chinese parts.
videonut

Return to DVD-lab Authoring