[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - How do I make a quiz with DVD Lab?

How do I make a quiz with DVD Lab?

DVD-lab, DVD-lab Studio and DLP2

How do I make a quiz with DVD Lab?

Postby svcds » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi, I would like to make a quiz DVD with DVD Lab, but I have never used DVD Lab before.

I have found the instauction from here http://mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/quiz1.pdf but this is too complicated to me.

Does anybody have a step-by-step instruction so that I can realize the DVD?

Greetings
Knut
svcds

Re: How do I make a quiz with DVD Lab?

Postby Vapymid » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:40 am

Hi Knut,

If you go to "menu:Menu->Scene Selection Menu->Quiz..." you will start a wizard where you can customise your questions etc and it will create all the necessary objects for you.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby svcds » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:52 pm

I am really blind.... Thank you very much!
svcds

Postby svcds » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:37 pm

hi again, how can I edit the quiz questions if I have closed the window?
svcds

Postby svcds » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 pm

I have the quiz ready but if I test the DVD (I start the VOB file), the 30 questions will be played directly step by step.

I start it, then qestion 1 comes, 2, 3, up to 30. Is it right?!
svcds

Postby Vapymid » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:23 am

Vapymid

Postby svcds » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:36 am

Hi, so the DVD is complete and it works very fine. Thanks for help!

But: Is it possible that I put in a "joker"/"lifeline" button in each question window?

My plan:

I have now 30 questions about FLOWERS AND PLANTS (my mum is a "flower fan" :-) ), under each question there is only "RIGHT" or "WRONG" as a button (if my mum answers correctly, will touch "Right", otherwise "wrong"). She has to answer questions about the flowers to get her gift for her birthday. That works fine and this is enough for my purpose!

Can I put a third button in each question - after clicking on the "lifeline"-button the picture of the plant will come as an advise for the right answer. How do I have to link it with the other things?

Greetings
Knut
svcds

Postby Vapymid » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 pm

This is certainly possible but you will need to manually edit each question's menu.

For each one where you want to add this "lifeline" hint you will need to do as follows:

- Add a new menu cell
- Copy all objects from Cell#1 to the new cell (#2) by using "Duplicate Cell Objects" tool.
- Add the "Help" button to Cell#1 and link it using "Link to Menu Cell" function to Cell#2 (set GPRM to "none", Cell to "2", HL Button to "1").
- Add the required picture to Cell#2

Repeat for other menues as needed.

Regards
Vapymid

Return to DVD-lab Authoring