MultiMon free version quirks

All other Mediachance Apps

MultiMon free version quirks

Postby will.s » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:06 pm

I just installed MultiMon today (the free version), and I love the way it lets me move apps between monitors with the hotkey combinations.

However, what I don't like are two things:

1) I can't get the auto-hide to work (I went to the properties dialog box and checked auto-hide, but the taskbar still doesn't, auto-hide, that is), and

2) the minimize all windows shortcut key (Start Key + M) no longer works on the second screen where I have the MultiMon taskbar showing.

Since I use the Start-M key shortcut combination fairly frequently, I'm not sure I'm willing to give it up in exchange for the other features.

I'm curious to know if the paid version fixes either of these problems, or if there is an existing fix or tweak I should know about for the free version.

Also, I'd be willing to run the program just for the hot keys that let you switch apps between monitors. I'm not all that hep on the second taskbar. It's OK, but I've lived without it until now, and could continue to do so. I don't suppose there's a way to run the program so that you get the hot keys without the second taskbar?
will.s

Re: MultiMon free version quirks

Postby DanR54 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Another interesting quirk of the free version. had multimon automatic start on boot with a 2 monitor setup, then added a third monitor and config for a 3 monitor setup, now on boot only monitor 2 has the task bar. But if I unload and reload multimon both monitors 2 & 3 have the taskbar. not serious but a little ugly.
DanR54

Re: MultiMon free version quirks

Postby Cars10 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 am

There are more issues: (running latest XP with all patches, 4 GB ram, Quadcode Intel CPU)

- It collides with JDeveloper (by Oracle, formery Sun) - Java Development IDE. I need to shutdown MMB, run JDev then re-do MMb
- Ever since JDev I cannot use the toggle window right-left feature anymore. The window title bars do not display the right/left arrow fro MMB.

Is the free version ever going tobe updated again ? Or is this just a frozen appetizer ?

Thanks
Cars10

Return to Other Mediachance Apps