Editstudio Multicam color match

All other Mediachance Apps

Editstudio Multicam color match

Postby backporch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi
Ive just started multicam in ED6 (2 x xm2, mvx30i) for my music gigs and could do with some help on the following;
Has anyone found or is there any tutorial/guidance , regarding color matching from icons Match Color and Match Source Profile in "Special" in Video Effects columb for multicam edit, as on the ED6 multicam tutorial I cant find any help for this feature.
Ive looked at the Sony Vegas FBmn and BCC multicam color match videos for guidance but they dont appear to be of a simular nature.
Any help will be appreciated.
regards
Geoff
backporch

Re: Editstudio Multicam color match

Postby Oscar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

I think you have to first create profile from a frame then use that profile on any video clip - it has been some time.
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Editstudio Multicam color match

Postby backporch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:31 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, you have to use both icons , one to create the profile and the other to place the profile onto another clip/camera. I took and saved a "match source profile" from a selected clip from video "A" and used that profile on a selected clip from video "B", by placing the "match color icon" in the effects line and stretching the icon for the length of the clip "B". In the multicam tutorial it shows a simular example useing a color correction icon.
I have not tried it in multicam mode yet as this was sampled with just 2 cameras with their respective clips on seperate lines, and I still have to experiment with the sliders in the icons, but now as they say "the cups half full and not half empty".
Many thanks for the quick reply and I will post how i get on with the multicam mode later.
Best regards,
Geoff
backporch

Return to Other Mediachance Apps