I need help with layering on Editstudio 6

All other Mediachance Apps

I need help with layering on Editstudio 6

Postby karnadyson » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:14 am

I wonder if anyone can help me. I am using editstudio 6 to create a machinima. I am having trouble getting my layers in the right order. I have 1 layer with the background (scenery) on, then one layer of green screen with one chap on (man A), and I need to add another layer of green screen with the other chap (man B) on. This man b should be stood by the door in the back of the shot. I have added all three layers sucessfully, that is not my problem, nor is removing the green screen, that is fine, however, when I play it I have the scenery correct, and man A, but I cannot get the layer with man B in the back of the shot right at all. I either get him stood on the shoulder of man A, or completely missing as he has gone behind the scenery. Since I need to add 3 further layers of men on, I am now completely stuck! I am sure I have missed something simple here... but I have been fiddling with it for two days now and am at my wits end! can anyone help me? I got the programme specifically for it's layering capabilites. Thank you so much in advance.
karnadyson

Re: I need help with layering on Editstudio 6

Postby Vapymid » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:18 am

Can you post a screenshot of your timeline or, better, the .eds file?

Regards,

P.S. If not a secret - what game/engine are you using?
Vapymid

Re: I need help with layering on Editstudio 6

Postby karnadyson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 am

I will get some screen shots done tonight and post them here.....

The actor Vin Diesel asked members of his facebook page if anyone had heard of Mechinima... that is what motivated myself and my 14 year old son to have a go at making one. We posted what we have to You Tube yesterday.... we sent Vin Diesel a link, and he posted it to his facebook wall with some very flattering remarks. So far it has had 11 thousand views in less than 24 hours! So you can see why we want to complete the project and get it right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0m4fqcS8o
karnadyson

Return to Other Mediachance Apps