Edit studio6 & AVCHD/MP4

All other Mediachance Apps

Edit studio6 & AVCHD/MP4

Postby Ian Bell » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi there,
I have just purchased a Canon Legria HFR406 and would like to continue using EditStudio6, but from reading posts over the last 18 months - 2years, I don't think I will get good results (like 16:9 & HD). Can anyone confirm these fears? Also I don't think DVDLab will handle this either.

I have downloaded software from Ashampoo as a backup in case I can't use EditStudio6 anymore.

I await some replies and also suggestions if other software will do the "trick", bearing in mind I have a limited income.

Thanks
Ian Bell

Re: Edit studio6 & AVCHD/MP4

Postby Ian Bell » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Can anyone help me please? Nearly 2 weeks since I posted and no replies. :(
Ian Bell

Postby Vapymid » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:09 am

I don't know, Ian. My experience with AVCHD is very limited.

I have a Sony camera somewhere, which I used on a couple of occasions. I converted the clips to normal SD DV with Elecard converter (which is full of bugs and the result showed visible macroblocks) and then edited with ES.

Some time not so long ago, I also tried to use Avisynth in combination with makeAVIS to make a proxy AVI for an MTS file from the camera and it worked (I could load the AVI into ES6 and edit and render normally, without audio sync problems and a screwed up frame-rate). The ES would be a bit slow with HD though...

Regards
Vapymid

Postby backporch » Sun May 11, 2014 6:57 am

Hi
I sometimes use my Pan TZ7 and record in AVCHD Lite for music gigs as its easy to carry about. Most cameras have av output.
I connect the camera TV AV lead into desktop AV pci card and ES 6, press play on camera and in it goes.
Depends on quality required for final output. For me its ok for youtube.
regards
Geoff
backporch

Return to Other Mediachance Apps