why Multimedia builder doesn't update?

Multimedia Builder

why Multimedia builder doesn't update?

Postby caprice » Wed May 18, 2016 9:02 am

i'm wondering why MMB doesn't update from Mediachance team?
it is amazing app but it needs to be updated , mp3 engine has some issues and ...
does anyone know the WHY?
caprice

Re: why Multimedia builder doesn't update?

Postby Delboy » Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am

MMB is now Legacy product as in discontinued ( so there will be no new updates etc ) any issues with mp3 etc maybe try the Plugin route.
Example XTMedia 2.1 Plugin
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby polartech » Fri May 20, 2016 1:09 pm

It really is an amazing program.

You can get around just about anything, as DelBoy suggests above.

It's a shame that its legacyware, but it remains a powerhouse of potential still!
polartech

Postby Nigg » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 pm

I really don't understand why Mediachance develops photo and video software (where the internet is full of it) instead of a new MMB. Ok, RealDRAW is also great, but with MMB you can realize simple apps within minutes and without any annoying Microsoft Framework sh*t.
Nigg

Postby CodeHouse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:43 am

If given full permission by Oscar, I am pretty sure combined efforts of the moderator and other programmers can add great functions again to meet up with the growing trend of things in general IT
CodeHouse

Postby fanjk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm

well said CodeHouse
fanjk

Postby Valero7 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:59 am

Don't waste your time. This is Oscar's answer posted 7 years ago:

Why it is not being developed further?
The MMB development never really paid for itself and had been for many years subsidized by other products but this couldn't go forewer. We found out that we actually need to pay bills.

Will it be an open source?
MMB uses few commercial libraries that are deeply integrated (like sound library, image loading or the framework) that we licensed. It is rather unimaginable that they could be taken out and replaced by equivalent open source code - frankly it would be much easier to write the whole thing from scratch.
Valero7

Postby Nigg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:23 am

fmod (part of the sound lib?) is partially free, what is he exactly talking about? I can't imagine that It would be that complicated. Oscar could just remove all the licensed stuff for example, even if it no longer compiles. We have some very talented guys here and I know some people which would invest some time to modernize MMB, including myself.

I respect that MMB was not profitable at all, but that is another reason not to waste all the created code and time and documented stuff!
Nigg

Postby rikintosh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 am

"The development of MMB has never really paid for itself and has been subsidized for many years by other products, but this can not be the forewer"

But it is the best known software of this company. I would not even know of the media chance if it were not for the MMB. I believe this was due to some management problem. Lack of investment in advertising, for example.

MMB is a more powerful tool than it appears to be, but this has never been explicitly explained. In fact, I met MMB through magazines that distributed cdroms loaded with shareware, most of the reviews about MMB, showed it as a simple "powerpoint-like that creates .exe autoruns for cdroms".

Developing a programming language is complex because it is designed to facilitate human interacting of machine manipulation. All other programming languages, or programs for creating software are not intuitive, you look at it and you do not know what to do, because all that requires a specific culture of language and terms. With MMB, a few minutes reading your own documentation and clicking the objects, you are creating your own program.

When humanity finally steps forward in something, it stumbles into monetary costs, and we continue to stagnate as underdeveloped beings ...
rikintosh

Return to MMB