[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Controling one window from another

Controling one window from another

Multimedia Builder

Controling one window from another

Postby magicpauluk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Folks, I have returned to MMB after no having used it for a long time - still love it and have fond memories of making a whole range of projects. The one I am working on is different and it's best if I quickly highlight the needs as I am a bit stumped:

I need to windows (to run on two screens - but that bits a hardware thing)
One being a control panel for the second
So I need to pass from the control panel window - video and audio commands, text etc to the Presentation Window
All of this needs to then be compiled to stand alone

Any suggestions welcome - if it were all in one project or window I'd be flying - its the two windows at the same time that is all new to me.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE
magicpauluk

Re: Controling one window from another

Postby Delboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:24 am

I remember there being a demo by (Shafayet) years ago parent & child.
I have searched all my files and cannot find it , So have contacted him to see if he still has it.

if not the only other way I can think of is use same project name ( so they both use same section in registry and have control part write to it.
then the child can constantly read it) , or to a text file in SrcDir maybe.

If Shafayet gets back to me I will reply again here.

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby magicpauluk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:51 am

Thanks so much Del boy - I will try the same project name trick that might be really good if it works
Keep me posted if you hear anything- Thank you for your help
magicpauluk

Postby Delboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 am

Hope it works out for you, I got a reply from Shafayet and he does not have it anymore :(.
I know i have it somewhere on another hard drive (s) , but cannot acess them at the moment.

Cheers
Delboy

Postby mmmahdy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:17 am

The genuine Way is SendMessage Between Programs. Because MMB just can have 1 Main form(Main Window). but there is no plugin exist for that.
So i think the best idea that you can have it now is using changing windows titles (but you should use Unique Special Names).
The best sample that i know is this :
Parent_and_child_By_French_Love_With_ScriptCode_for_Both.zip
a sample for send something to another window
(158.8 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
PAPION
papionbit.com
mmmahdy

Postby Delboy » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:55 am

Thanks mmmahdy

I forgot French Love was working on this in 2009
It is roughly the same as the one by Shafayet ;)

Cheers
Delboy

Postby magicpauluk » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 am

Thank you so much - I'll have a play around and let you know how I get on - :D
magicpauluk

Return to MMB