autopainter hd

autopainter hd

Postby Trevorcraig@me.com » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 am

I have bought autopainter hd which does a great job of mimicking painter styles applied to photographs. My only issue with it is that file sizes are very small at 1280 x 850 (even on the iPad) Can i ask the developers to increase this size to native resolution so that we can get larger prints made of our revised photos without suffering a loss of resolution.
Trevorcraig@me.com

Re: autopainter hd

Postby Doris37 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 am

I'm looking for something to auto paint photographs and corel has a mind boggling selection. there's;

Paint it! (which I have on the ipad and it's great). There's a mac desktop version but I can't find the second tutorial video...

Paint it! appears to be included with

Painter Essentials

and there's PaintShop Photo Express (pro?) as well.

Can anybody recommend one over the other?

I've demoed Alien Skin's Snap art but I guess I am just too heavy handed to get good results from that...

Thanks in advance,
Doris37

Re: autopainter hd

Postby Oscar » Sat May 19, 2012 1:23 pm

The lower rez was not to annoy you, but a technical necessity. The main problem is the miniscule amount of memory they were putting in the ios devices, the iphone 4 has half gig of memory. The ipad 1 had 256 MB (!). With all the apps and stuff running, even the resolution of autopainter now is pushing it. You may have a few apps suspended and the IOS will not allow to allocate more memory when autopainter asks for it and the app will "crash", which actually IOS will force it down.
I tried higher rez but it was highly unstable. After reboot it may run, but work on your iphone/ipad for few hours with few apps and the fragmented memory will start taking the apps down. Also some of the apple frameworks leak memory so even if the memory is free, work with your apps, after while it gets eaten.
Oscar
Site Admin

Return to MAC apps