Photo Blend

Discussion about PhotoBlend

Re: Photo Blend

Postby mhwarner » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:15 am

Oscar,

Back to PhotoBlend ...

I would like to understand your reasoning for bringing in the source files at less than their full size. I guess what I am saying is that when I want to bring in a source file, I would like some way to bring it in at it's full size and not to have to screw around with the handles in attempt to get it to it's correct size. Here's an example. I am using PhotoBlend (maybe another off-label use) to combine a series of photos of a flower arrangement where different flowers are in focus. I bring in as the backdrop one file with the background flowers in focus. Then I overlay with flowers from another flower in focus, and so on with 3 different source files. Though not taken with a tripod, the flowers in all 4 photos are virtually the same size though slightly off in position if I layer them in Photoshop. But when I bring each source in, the flowers are much smaller than they are on the backdrop (albeit more in focus than the backdrop) and I have to fiddle around with resizing them to overlay exactly. Somewhat of a PITA. Can I have a button or option to bring in it full size or could you just do it automatically. Thanks. I realize that maybe this doesn't make sense in the scope of overlaying unrelated images on a background, but since PhotoBlend does such a wonderful job of blending for other reasons (like HDR or focus blending), it would be really helpful. I hope the photo below helps show what I am describing:

FlowersDemo.jpg
FlowersDemo.jpg (92.67 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
mhwarner

Postby Oscar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:49 am

When in the composition mode, go to menu Object, Reset - Reset Size, then Object Reset - Reset Position, so the image is both 1:1 and positioned at center. You have to do it in this order, size, then position. But I will perhaps bring just one click solution as reset all.
The half size default is totally just a helper, in the intended way you use big object source and place it as smaller object to the destination.
Eventually some stacking can be added, but first let be sure on the best workflow for such thing and what we want to achieve.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby mhwarner » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks, Oscar! I knew the capability had to be in there somewhere.
mhwarner

Postby photo haven » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 am

it is this program that brought me to the forums ,

i would like to say thanks for producing such a great program that personally makes things a lot easier for myself as i always find it hard blending images ... here is my first try with it

photo haven

Postby Rachel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 am

Well done! I hope you continue to post your work to inspire us. Thanks for posting.
Rachel

Postby Yuma » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 am

FIghting with waves...
two images composed in Photo Blend
Attachments
wave fight (1000 x 414).jpg
wave fight (1000 x 414).jpg (135.47 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
Yuma

Postby Oscar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:02 pm

The 1.1 with stage lights has been released.
Check the home page (trial version works as an update for registered users as well)

Have fun!
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby Delboy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks Oscar ;)
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby cig212 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Wonderful program, directions excellent even for the novice computer person. Thank you!
cig212

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:13 am

My first use of the new lighting addition to Photoblend. Wonderful. I know the vase is wrong, but I can't find one that would work. I will have to take some photos of different vases for use in making new arrangements in photoblend. I think it will be interesting to take it into dap and see what we get. I'm still learning so any tips are much appreciated.

Now that I see it online i think it is sort of eery. Is that the right word?
Attachments
blend-arrangement-web.jpg
blend-arrangement-web.jpg (163.83 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
Rachel

PreviousNext

Return to PhotoBlend