Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:56 pm

additional work, better I think.
Attachments
blend-arrangement-1web.jpg
blend-arrangement-1web.jpg (224.55 KiB) Viewed 4504 times
Rachel

Re: Photo Blend

Postby Delboy » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Rachel wrote:additional work, better I think.

it is ;)

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 pm

another virtual arrangement in photoblend
then painted in Dap. i'm thrilled
Attachments
vase-3-web.jpg
vase-3-web.jpg (226.62 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
vase-2_DAP_JoaquinHD-1web.jpg
vase-2_DAP_JoaquinHD-1web.jpg (212.25 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
Rachel

Postby Yuma » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Nicely done Rachel. Maybe should add some kind of shadow to the vase otherwise it looks a little in the air.
I'm playing with light feature. Took me couple minutes to make this. Pics from free photo site.
Attachments
clown_ny (800 x 540).jpg
clown_ny (800 x 540).jpg (83.35 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
Yuma

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:30 pm

shadow, ah....
Never occurred to me. Thanks for the heads up. Now I am going to have to figure out how to create it. I was so happy to figure put the lighting thing and the 3d rotate. I have much to learn.

Your clown has a very nice shadow.
Attachments
Untitled-3_DAP_heavyHD-web.jpg
Untitled-3_DAP_heavyHD-web.jpg (230.06 KiB) Viewed 4476 times
Rachel

Postby malcolmd » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:34 pm

could this please be made sticky so it is easier to find. Or maybe give it its own forum
malcolmd

Postby Delboy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 pm

malcolmd wrote:could this please be made sticky so it is easier to find. Or maybe give it its own forum

Done ;)

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Re: Photo Blend - Change source picture orenitation to lands

Postby Waldo5559 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:41 pm

I have what is, perhaps, a stupid question.

If I need a source picture to be landscape and it opens as portrait, is there any way to change the orientation prior to cutting the object that I want to remove? I see flip horizontal and flip vertical, but while these "flip" the object they do not change the orientation from portrait to landscape on my source picture.

What I have been doing is closing the source picture and opening it in photo software, change the picture orientation from portrait to landscape and re-save the picture with a difference file name. I then open this picture as a source and then cut the object.

I must be missing something as I would sure think that I should be able to change the source picture orientation from portrait to landscape without the workaround prior to cutting out my object.

Thanks for your patience.
JimC
Waldo5559

Postby mhwarner » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Jim C,

I asked about this several weeks ago:
Drag and drop is great but ... when I drag a portrait orientation file onto the source, it comes in sideways (landscape orientation), as it does in DAP. There does not seem to be any way to rotate the file while working on the mask. So I have to create the mask, go into "Edit Composition" and then use the rotation tool ( I just figured out I didn't need the 3D rotate tool for this). Then if I go back to edit the mask again, I am still sideways. Confusing and not intuitive. Would be better to have a rotate button in the Source Images area.

Oscar added a "Source\Auto Rotate Jpeg" option. Unfortunately, it does not seem to work for me, so indeed the only fix I have come up with is the workaround you described. Not the best. Maybe Oscar will figure out some way to fix this.
mhwarner

Postby Waldo5559 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Mary,
Thanks for the reply--at least my question wasn't a stupid one.

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading your question, but I guess I had not grasped its impact up until this last weekend; previously I was fortunate enough to always have both the source picture and the back drop picture match in orientation. My auto rotate button does not work either---which is also why I thought that I was doing something wrong.

Its not a show stopper, but, you are correct, it would be nice to handle the problem in photo bend---versus closing the source picture and opening another application merely to change the picture orientation and starting over and re-openning the picture in photo bend.

Again, thank you for your reply and hopefully, Oscar will come to the rescue with an improved work flow.
JimC
Waldo5559

PreviousNext

Return to PhotoBlend