Photo Blend

Discussion about PhotoBlend

Re: Photo Blend

Postby photo haven » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 am

i notice you guys and gals are getting some excellt results especially with the masking of the subject ..... i often cut or miss some detail when doing mine with the brush and magic wand have you got any tips ? or is there any way a quick selection tool like the one in photoshop could be implemented to photo blend?
photo haven

Postby Rachel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I think the beauty of Photoblend is that I don't have to do a great extraction to get a great result. Photoblend does a great job integrating the cutout into the background, the lighting does amazing things and if you dap it you get something really special. The ways to mask are multiple. The help file is full of different techniques, I only use the basic, easy and simple ones. Of course, practice makes perfect.
Rachel

Postby photo haven » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:33 pm

thanks rachel ,

i do have DAP but find myself using the realistic setting most times with it on the odd time i use it .... maybe i will play with both programs more
photo haven

Re: Photo Blend...question...

Postby megabizzy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:26 am

Thanks Oscar! for Photo Blend...

You really hit the nail on the head this time! All scrapbookers are going to love this one! I hope you put it under that category
when you sell places other then your site.

I do have a couple of questions:
Is there a way to 'reset' the 'undo' feature (number of 'undo' times) in Photo Blend? I can't find a way.

Also, when I bring in a background photo that is 900 x 1500 pixels then I bring in source photos, then when I am finished
working on the whole thing, I save it to my hard drive. However, when I open this saved image in another program, the image is only
around 700 x 1000 pixels. Is there any way to 're-size' it back (to 900 x 1500 pixels) in Photo Blend before saving it?

If anyone has these answers, please reply as well.

Thank you! Oscar! this is a fantastic program!!!
Lyn
(p.s. I LOVE this program...even talked my neighbour into getting it too)
Last edited by megabizzy on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megabizzy

Postby Rocambole » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 am

For me the saved image is always the same size as the background image. Are you sure you export full resolution? if you export draft you will get images with 1000 pixels width.
Rocambole

Postby megabizzy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Thank you Rocambole, I think that is what I did wrong,I exported via draft and not full resolution...
I will have to practice with that more today then.

I am embarrassed to say that I am one of those people that jumps right in
without reading the instructions first!

What about:
Is there a way to 'increase' the number of times of the 'undo' feature (on the top menu bar)?

Thank you again!
Lyn
megabizzy

Postby Rocambole » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:55 am

megabizzy wrote:I am embarrassed to say that I am one of those people that jumps right in
without reading the instructions first!

I never read instructions myself unless I have to. I think that if a software requires that you read user manuals to use it, it's not intuitive and user friendly enough!

About the undo feature: Since there is no menu entry for user configurations I don't think you can change anything.
Rocambole

Postby Yuma » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 am

playing with Photo Blend. Put together 3 images. Granit background works well for universe scenes :-) Yuma
Attachments
moon2 (800 x 568).jpg
moon2 (800 x 568).jpg (172.86 KiB) Viewed 9033 times
Yuma

Postby Rocambole » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 am

Makes me think of the distant past when Moon broke free from Earth
Rocambole

Postby Yuma » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:40 am

Rocambole wrote:Makes me think of the distant past when Moon broke free from Earth

Now you can witness it... :-)
Yuma

PreviousNext

Return to PhotoBlend