Reactor Player for PHOTOSHOP

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Reactor Player for PHOTOSHOP

Postby Oscar » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:01 am

I am in final phase of finishing Photoshop Plugin that will be able to run reactor files and also save the parameters as "favorites".
There was one test way before if you remember with a direct photoshop plug-in. However the reactor is a bit memory hungry and together with a super memory hungry photoshop it was a recipe for disaster (especially that many people are still running 32 bit photoshop due to compatibility with older plugins) so it needed a complete 180 degrees redesign.

There are some nifty tricks in this new iteration, that should solve all those problems. First the Reactor Player doesn't run in the same memory space as Photoshop so there is no memory collision (and for example in case of the Reactor Player crash, it will have no effect on Photoshop), second - and this is a nice one, if you still use 32bit photoshop on 64 bit system, the reactor plugin can run in 64 bit mode directly from 32 bit photoshop giving you benefit of the computer 64bit OS.

Photoshop.jpg
Photoshop.jpg (507.81 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

Reactor Player doesn't need Photo Reactor to run already created Effect (VFBOX) files, but if you want to edit the VFBOX or create new effect, you will obviously need one. I will supply it with few prepared effects so it can be worthwhile even as standalone plug-in.

Beta Version is here:

http://www.mediachance.com/files/Reacto ... _64_32.exe

This installation is for 64-bit windows and it will install plugins for both 32 bit and 64 bit hosts (like Photoshop)
Install in default location in program files, don't try to install it somewhere inside photoshop. A Deployment wizard will run after that will try to find the hosts and copy the necessary files there.

It was tested on
Photoshop CS2 (32-bit)
Photoshop CS5 (64-bit)
Photoshop CS6 (64-bit)
Corel Painter 2017 (64-bit)
Photo-Brush (you need to go to PB Filters, Manage Plug-ins and add folder C:\Program Files\ReactorPlayer\plugin32\)

reactorplayer2.jpg
Deployment Wizard
reactorplayer2.jpg (48.31 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

The Deployment wizard that launch after install will try to find locations of plugins from registry and from known folders. For software that the deployment wizard didn't find, just go to C:\Program Files\ReactorPlayer\ and there are two folders \plugin64\ and \plugin32\ each with its own 8bf file. For 64 bit application copy the reactor64.8bf and for 32-bit apps reactor32.8bf to their plug-in folder. Don't copy anything else, just the 8bf file.

The plug-in is a bit special because even for 32 bit applications it runs the 64-bit Reactor Player. So for example Photoshop 32 bit or even Photo Brush will all run the 64 bit version of reactor player. :D

If you still have 32 bit Windows only, at this moment you can't install this. (This will come later as a 32-bit only version, but I would recommend abandon 32 bit windows altogether at this moment :roll: )

There are just two VFBOX effect supplied as a test at this moment that I borrowed from DAP as I didn't have time to whip something nice. You can import/copy any other VFBOX (for example from DAPPRO5/Reactor/ folder, but don't just copy everything as many effects in DAP are helper effects for masks etc) There is no interface in player to remove the added effects you don't want (yet).
All imported or edited effects in RPlayer are saved in C:\Users\<whateverisyourname>\Documents\ReactorPlugin\Reactor\ so you can directly copy the vfbox files there.

Reactor Player doesn't need to have Reactor installed in order to run those effects, only if you want to create new or edit others.

reactorplayer.jpg
Should appear under Filters->Mediachance->Reactor Player
reactorplayer.jpg (89.13 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

If you have Photo Reactor you can launch editing mode directly from the plugin - then hit save in Reactor to generate VFBOX in the correct Documents location and refresh the list in player - same way as in DAP.
This is BETA for testing purposes. Things may change.
Oscar
Site Admin

Re: Reactor Player for PHOTOSHOP

Postby LadyArtist » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am

Good to know that you worked out the software to use on 32 bit Photoshop on Windows 64 . Looking forward to trying out the beta.
LadyArtist

Postby rgalka » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:51 pm

Thanks.. looking forward to taking it out for a test drive.. ;O)
rgalka

Postby Yuma » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:16 am

Oscar, this plugin looks very interesting to me. Are you planning more effects in there and what is timing for first commercial release? Thanks. Yuri
Yuma

Postby Oscar » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:09 am

Yes I want to have plenty of effects as factory presets so it can be also used by people who don't want to edit their own effects in reactor (which could be the most) and also there is the possibility of reactor owners to make anything they want.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby LadyArtist » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:55 am

Oscar wrote:Yes I want to have plenty of effects as factory presets so it can be also used by people who don't want to edit their own effects in reactor (which could be the most) and also there is the possibility of reactor owners to make anything they want.

Looking forward to using it.
LadyArtist

Postby Yuma » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks Oscar, looks promising. Yuri
Yuma

Postby Steve Taylor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:29 pm

For some reason the beta version is saying my registration code is invalid
Steve Taylor

Postby minstrel » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:41 am

Very nice...worked great in Photoshop.

Also testing in Gimp 2.8.20. Player installed and runs as expected within Gimp...but, the after hitting 'Process' the original image is not updated.
minstrel

Postby gbMD » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:16 am

I tried the trial version of your Reactor plugin with Affinity Photo 1.5.1.54.
It is loaded by the software as a Photoshop Plugin and appears in the plugin list by I cannot use it even if my photos are in 8 bit RGB.
Any suggestion?

Thank you for your answer.

gbMD
gbMD

Return to Photo Reactor