Issue reports

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Issue reports

Postby quantumleap » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm

- The name of the read me file in the plugins folder is incorrectly named 'radme.txt' not 'readme.txt. - CONFIRMED FIXED BETA2
- Typo in Quick Tutorial first screen. Should read "Photo-Reactor is an extremely powerful ... we provided a few basic ..." - CONFIRMED FIXED BETA2
- Typo in Quick Tutorial - Orton Effect pg1. Should read "... by merging a blurred image ... of a sharp image". - CONFIRMED FIXED BETA2

Jeff
Last edited by quantumleap on Thu May 02, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
quantumleap

Re: Issue reports

Postby quantumleap » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:40 am

- A raw file from a camera shown in the image thumbnail strip at the bottom which was taken in portrait orientation is shown in landscape orientation in the strip. When you select that image for processing it appears in portrait orientation in the image preview window but is incorrectly applying a horizontal flip on it.

Jeff
quantumleap

Postby mhwarner » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm

Oscar,

I created a simple workflow (median filter and curves). Then I inserted a resize object (38%) at the beginning of the workflow. After that, the sample windows become very small and show only a tiny portion of the picture. If I remove the resize object, they do go back to the correct size. But if I put it back in again, same issue.

PhotoReactorBug1.jpg
PhotoReactorBug1.jpg (23.8 KiB) Viewed 12914 times
mhwarner

Postby Oscar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Yes this is how it behaves. To resize object at document level Resize it on Main Image.
The resize object is more for internal resizing, for some algorithms for example. The Main Image sets the actual size and "tempo" so to speak. The objects do not know about full size image, only what is coming down the connection and in this case it is coming a partial crop of main image. Of course at final export all will be correct because what is coming through the connection is a full image. But that is not true during preview. What is coming down the lines is just what you see in preview.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby minstrel » Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Realizing we are in early stages with Photo Reactor [beta2] and things can and will change quickly...yet I mention this.

I noticed there is currently no way [that I've stumbled upon] to export the "Output" with transparency [png] included. Hopefully this will be available as we progress. :D

Minstrel
minstrel

Postby quantumleap » Thu May 09, 2013 6:24 pm

- No obvious way to import an exported component library (it is easy to export to a .box file, but it is not very intuitive to import into another system i.e. there is no top-level menu item to do this, nor one in the component library section other than right-clicking on an entry already there and do the import to create the new object).
quantumleap

Postby quantumleap » Thu May 09, 2013 6:31 pm

- Linefeeds/carriage returns are not respected on display for Author/Notes field in a saved virtual effect.
quantumleap

Postby quantumleap » Sat May 11, 2013 4:10 pm

- When you are in normal mode, with a 1:1 view, if you click and drag in the left hand preview window the image in the right hand preview moves not the left hand one. Works OK when you click and drage in the right hand preview window i.e. the right hand preview moves.
quantumleap

Postby Fluffbutt » Sat May 11, 2013 5:38 pm

I found something - I can't seem to repeat it though.

PR had finished it's work and was showing that dialog window that shows time/mem used.

I forgot it was running and wondered why my lappy was belching hot air.
I checked and PR was doing nothing yet still using 22% cpu cycles..

Is there some sort of loop that got 'stuck'?

As an aside - can we have an option to not show the time/mem used box - or auto-close it?
Fluffbutt

Postby Delboy » Sun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Oscar I am still getting blank exported image on first export attempt even with beta 2 ( have sent PM explaining )

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Next

Return to Photo Reactor