Issue reports

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Issue reports

Postby Oscar » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Also remember on existing flows you need to delete the threshold and exposure blocks and add them again or you will not see changes and it will potentialy behave weird. Same if it is in parameters. The new threshold and exposure common slider is blue.
Oscar
Site Admin

Anisotropic/Smoothing axis rotation

Postby munki » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:08 pm

Well, it's maybe not an issue but more of a feature request. Oscar, I don't know if it's a big ask but would it be possible to add an axis rotation to the Shock Smooth/anisotropy filter? Just a 2D rotation of the filter would give us a big freedom of choice for the effect and the possibility to layer more than one.
munki

Re: Issue reports - Bug Report

Postby Fluffbutt » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:12 pm

If you expand a black-box then go into it and then forget you're inside it and save the snapshot, the resulting snapshot will CRASH PR instantly when reloaded.
Probably because in/out are not connected?

Try this one:
Colour Pencils 1.jpg
Colour Pencils 1.jpg (146.75 KiB) Viewed 3186 times

I also note that painterly still has brush size over 12 being irrelevant, and segmentation still reverts back to "coarse" when random colour is enabled. I might be expecting too much, but these are old things reported ages ago.

(Or will this post be deleted too, in case prospective buyers see it?)
Fluffbutt

Postby Rachel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi, Fluff! How are you? I know this is not a proper issue to report but sometimes I buck the system and go my own way. (of course then I get lost and have to go back the way I came but for a moment I feel alive!!!! :roll:
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:56 am

Rachel wrote:Hi, Fluff! How are you? I know this is not a proper issue to report but sometimes I buck the system and go my own way. (of course then I get lost and have to go back the way I came but for a moment I feel alive!!!! :roll:

Yeah.. it's hard to feel alive with all the controls of society.
You can't say this, you can't do that, think this way, believe in the fairy-tales and obvious lies like all the rest of the weak-minded puppets.

The road untrodden is SO much better...

I wasn't going to come back here at all, but the recent flush of cartoony-sytle PR snapshots caught my attention; only to find PR isn't really all that much improved and having to work around the flaws that still exist is counter productive.

I'm giving up on Pr and sticking with DAP - as much as I like these cartoony snapshots and the outliner parts, I get far more reliable results from DAP - even the preview works!
Fluffbutt

Re: Issue reports - Bug Report

Postby bil abington, pa » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Fluffbutt wrote:If you expand a black-box then go into it and then forget you're inside it and save the snapshot, the resulting snapshot will CRASH PR instantly when reloaded.
Probably because in/out are not connected?

Try this one:
Colour Pencils 1.jpg

I also note that painterly still has brush size over 12 being irrelevant, and segmentation still reverts back to "coarse" when random colour is enabled. I might be expecting too much, but these are old things reported ages ago.

(Or will this post be deleted too, in case prospective buyers see it?)

I wanted to make sure Fluffbutt's post did not get buried. This post is from October 4th although initial reports about Segmentation and Painterly are months old.

A simple "I've noted this and am looking into it" would make folks feel a whole lot better.
"I've been busy developing and that's why I haven't acknowledged your report" (which really means so I can get more of your money) simply doesn't work for me. In an age where I can order Philly Cheese Steaks and 8 hours later they are delivered 400 miles away, not receiving a response on an issue report 6 days later is unacceptable. When you were doing your initial Marketing or Showcasing of Photo Reactor to Fluffbutt and others there was no shortage of posts and pretty pictures from you.

Surely you can understand how some feel "Now that he has our money we're on the back burner." While I look with excitement at the prospect of an upgraded DAP and possible integration with DAP and other Mediachance products I think you owe it to the Photo Reactor Customers to try and address issues before moving onto another product that we will wind up giving additional money to.

I have news for you, I'm not heartless and stupid. Everything isn't easily fixed. If you don't have a solution right now, That's Fine, just let us know you're working on it.

Sticking your head in the sand and ignoring it is not the solution and is certainly not something I'm going to accept. I will keep moving this post forward until an answer is received or I am banned from these boards.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Rachel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Sometimes I get a runtime error that shuts the program down and I lose my work. I think it usually happens when i am trying to create a flow snapshot. there are some weird beeps when i load certain flows but I think that is a signal that referenced images are not available and has nothing to do with the runtime error. Not much I know, but I hate to see all my time wasted. Is anyone else getting an error?
Rachel

Postby munki » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Rachel,

This is the sound of PR maxing out on your machine. Whether it's out of all your computer resources/memory or the resources/memory that is allocated to it I don't know. You can make it happen easily if you load a very large image in.

It's best to save your flow near the beginning of your work time and give it a proper name, I mean to say save the flow and not a flow snapshot and then save often throughout your worktime. If you make big changes "save as" to make a second flow file, perhaps whatever_2.flow and carry on.

This is a problem that affects everyone using nearly anything on a computer but PR is a bit more flakey than mature software so it's best to be extra careful to save often. However, people like me who work with big software learn from early on to save often because even if the software doesn't crash the computer itself might.

Maybe an autosave function would be good, but maybe making the software more stable would be good too. How about both?

All the best,

-andy
munki

Postby munki » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:19 pm

No DAP?

I can't seem to run DAP from "Run External App", PR crash every time. Both 64-bit versions.

I imagine I'm in for trouble if it did run because DAP has that strange preset canvas sizing thing right? I suppose I could DAP size my original files first but that'd be a step outside of PR and DAP so where's the fully automated workflow?

Sorry if this stuff has been mentioned before, I did a little browse/search and didn't see anything around.

Oscar is this a bug situation or do I need to specify command line params in "Run External App"?

Cheers,

-andy
munki

Postby munki » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Group snapshot crash problem.

I can reproduce the error as Fluffbutt described, to be exact, saving a snapshot of a group rather than a full flow then attempting to import the group snapshot as a full flow will cause a crash.

However, creating a group and then "edit inside" and drop the duff snapshot into that window rather than into the "main flow" window will load without crashing. If anyone's got a flow snapshot they can't open then do this to get your work back.

Oscar, this needs a warning, you are saving/importing a group snapshot not a flow or snapshot type autosense routine.

Paintery brush size.

Yeah, agreed, I don't know what that's about, possibly the brush shape template is too small in relation to the images we try to create. Like using the old DAP template when you need an HD one. If that's the way it works can we have the ability to create/import brush shapes?

Other than that I can only imagine it's a memory/processing time limit so that running the block doesn't take as long as a full DAP render. Personally, I'd settle for the long render or let us send stuff to DAP and back (see above).

Random Colours in segmentation.

I think Oscar described somewhere that the random colours option was a "course" version. Oscar could write "Course" after "Random Colours" or we could feature request a "Random Colours Fine" option. At present this is a typo or type omission not exactly a bug.
munki

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor