Ask for help here

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Ask for help here

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you have taken the time to do this for me (and for all the silent watchers out there). Thank you again! :o
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Rachel wrote:Amazing! Like magic I have a new sky and the color of the entire photo is improved. Thank you, Bill. Your instructions were fabulous and each step worked like a charm. I hope everyone gives this a try!

I have always replaced dead flat skies with clouds - with the alteration (the "damage") that DAP does in it's work process, we don't really have to worry too much about extra-superb work in the matting.

http://wikisend.com/download/266802/Clouds.rar

Here's some more for you, taken from Northumberland skies.

Dap doesn't really like large areas of similar colours/patterns - even plain blue is not much good, flat dull grey, etc - all replaced with a cloudy sky.

I don't even bother to match lighting and light direction any more (I used to obsess over it until i checked output images -- it just donna matter!)

Here's a photo example of one I replaced:

Fluffbutt

Postby Rachel » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:36 pm

It is like Christmas!

Fluff, what beautiful skies and so many of them. They deserve their own folder. I'll call it fluffy skies and be reminded of you! Is that ok or a bit creepy?
Rachel

Postby mhwarner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Rachel wrote: They deserve their own folder. I'll call it fluffy skies and be reminded of you! Is that ok or a bit creepy?

:roll:
mhwarner

Postby razzycat » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Is there a User's Guide that I can download for Photo Reactor?

Sharon (ID)
razzycat

Postby bil abington, pa » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:40 pm

razzycat wrote:Is there a User's Guide that I can download for Photo Reactor?

Sharon (ID)

If you downloaded Photo Reactor, go to the Photo Reactor Folder and there will be a pdf file.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby razzycat » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:37 am

[quote="bil abington, pa.

If you downloaded Photo Reactor, go to the Photo Reactor Folder and there will be a pdf file.[/quote]

Thank you kindly....I found it. I had looked before but missed it.

Sharon
razzycat

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mhwarner wrote:
Rachel wrote: They deserve their own folder. I'll call it fluffy skies and be reminded of you! Is that ok or a bit creepy?

Rachel

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 am

bil abington, pa wrote:Rachel:

This image now has 6 and 7 in it. Just click the blue box to see them. They are the final steps for this stage. Save the virtual effect when done, you'll need it in the future. BTW I included the mask for you so you don't have to do it again. In the future when you want to use it just hit the Trash Can on the left to delete the mask and create a new one.

Barn_Final2.jpg

Dear Bill,

I have a couple of questions. I saved the first flow with the first 5 steps, should I delete it so the new 7 step flow will work? How do I increase the size of my masking brush? What image should I use as my main image, the original, the one with the corrected sky or does your flow have a main image in it? (I couldn't get it to appear (error message). The flow is there but not the image. The slider for step three has disappeared, as well as the one for step 5.
I did upgrade to the latest reactor version, maybe that is giving me the problems.
I'm sorry that I am so slow to grasp even the simplest of instructions but I really want to do this!
Thank you for your patience!
Last edited by Rachel on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 am

Rachel wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
mhwarner wrote:

:lol: :shock: :lol:
Fluffbutt

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor