Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Ask for help here

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 am

Fluff, you always manage to make me smile. (I'm smiling right now.) thanks
Rachel

Postby bil abington, pa » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Rachel wrote:Dear Bill,
I have a couple of questions. I saved the first flow with the first 5 steps, should I delete it so the new 7 step flow will work?

Yes. They'll both work you'll just have to give the 2nd one a different name when you save it. But yes I would just overwrite the 1st.

How do I increase the size of my masking brush?

This is a flaw in Reactor, that's why I set it to a small size. That being said all you need to do is insert only Rachels Sky Fix, right click, select Virtual Effect/Unwrap Virtual Effect and then just click on the mask in the flow and edit the normal way with all the settings. When you are done changing the sky then you can insert any effects you want after that.

The reason I'm telling you to only insert the "Rachel Sky Fix" and nothing else is when you unwrap a virtual effect photo reactor starts a new project.

What image should I use as my main image, the original, the one with the corrected sky or does your flow have a main image in it? (I couldn't get it to appear (error message). The flow is there but not the image.

Just click on your main image module and use whatever image you want.

The slider for step three has disappeared, as well as the one for step 5.
I did upgrade to the latest reactor version, maybe that is giving me the problems.

Nah! Sorry my screw up I deleted the parameter. I redid it, added the parameter, the flow is in this image below.

Barn_Final2.jpg
Barn_Final2.jpg (136.13 KiB) Viewed 12147 times

I'm sorry that I am so slow to grasp even the simplest of instructions but I really want to do this!
Thank you for your patience!

Relax we have all the time in the world or until one of us kicks the bucket. Anyway I blame Fluffbutt! Here I'm trying to teach you something and he gets you head in the clouds :) Ah what can you expect from a guy named Fluff? Clouds are fluffy too ;)
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:25 am

I used your instructional flow and it worked great. I might have gone a bit overboard with all the fancy controls but I will play and learn as I go. The masking setup is so easy to use. And the gamma wheel is effective. Thank you for breaking it all down for me!

Original image
DSCN1043web.jpg
DSCN1043web.jpg (86.86 KiB) Viewed 12141 times

With the "Rachel's Sky Fix" and one of Fluff's sky images.
DSCN1043_Bills-sky-flow.jpg
DSCN1043_Bills-sky-flow.jpg (95.57 KiB) Viewed 12141 times

added one of roc's flows

DSCN1043_sky-fix-web.jpg
DSCN1043_sky-fix-web.jpg (140.69 KiB) Viewed 12141 times
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:21 am

bil abington, pa wrote:Anyway I blame Fluffbutt! Here I'm trying to teach you something and he gets you head in the clouds :) Ah what can you expect from a guy named Fluff? Clouds are fluffy too ;)

I is kitty...

Kittehs is fluffies too!

▬▬▬▬▬▬

This image looks like a HUGE tidal wave coming to obliterate us all!! RUN, kittehs, RUN!!

Good one!
Fluffbutt

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:02 am

So, Bill and Fluff (and any others looking on), do a work on the hay barn and show me what your corrected clouds and lighting would look like. Please. And if you use anything other than Rachel's Cloud Fix (really Bill's cloud fix), would you be so kind as to explain it? Remember I am simple but want to learn. thank you

the first thing I would do is to make sure the sun direction in the cloud matched the direction of the sun in the image. See, I'm learning already.
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Rachel wrote:So, Bill and Fluff (and any others looking on), do a work on the hay barn and show me what your corrected clouds and lighting would look like. Please. And if you use anything other than Rachel's Cloud Fix (really Bill's cloud fix), would you be so kind as to explain it? Remember I am simple but want to learn. thank you

I'll try later, but I usually do all my clouds in Phtoshop (better layer controls and better masking).

the first thing I would do is to make sure the sun direction in the cloud matched the direction of the sun in the image. See, I'm learning already.

Yes.

When i said that DAP/PR allowed us to get away with a lot, it does help a bit if you don't have two suns.

A simple answer is to invert or flip the cloud picture - flip horizontally to match the sun direction in the main image, refined direction isn't too important unless it's really obviously different.

This is also why i try to keep my cloud images BIG - it allows for them to be rotated a little to match sun direction.
Fluffbutt

Postby JEL » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:40 pm

On that barn-image you could probably also place a mountain-range as backdrop (instead of sky) :)
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby Rachel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Good idea. I can't get your links to work and I want to check it out. Is there a trick?
Rachel

Postby Rachel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Sky Fix is great.
Attachments
PICT5548a_Final2.jpg
PICT5548a_Final2.jpg (199.81 KiB) Viewed 11973 times
Rachel

ReMap colors to specific palette

Postby JEL » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:54 pm

How do you map the colors of an image to a specific palette?

If I want to tone an image with very specific colors. Or if I want to make sure that only certain colors are allowed and used in the image.

Something like the way we do it in DAP, where we choose a palette from a jpeg-swatch.
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor