Share Your Flows Here:

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 pm

I tried it too and it worked great! Thank you.
Attachments
DSCN0877_Finalweb.jpg
DSCN0877_Finalweb.jpg (96.88 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Rachel

Postby bil abington, pa » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks Mary and Rachel, I'm still working on it. It's actually pretty flexible although I've been running into a problem when I do some variations. The image below for example was made with pretty much the same flow except a hue shift addition or two. This image when I save it won't save the embedded flow. The same thing happened with my Mallard Ducks Couple (a favorite of mine) I posted in the images thread that's why I posted it there I didn't want people to think I was holding back. When I save the image it saves it (without the flow and also a .farch file).

I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, there's no rhyme or reason why it's happening and I've learned to not even ask because my concerns go on deaf ears. When I do I'll post with a better parameters panel and some instructions on what some of the settings do.

Grey-Hooded Attila.jpg
Grey-Hooded Attila.jpg (234.67 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Rachel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 pm

If Mary and I appreciate your work it means there are many others 'behind the scenes' that enjoy the fruit of your labor as well. I'll bet there are many silent admirers of the flows you and Lugi and Fluff and others post. Even if Oscar is busy with other things, there are so many knowledgeable people on the board who are willing to jump in with suggestions and ideas. Of course, I am not one of those special people, I am like a chimpanzee and only push buttons until something appears I like. (No offense to the chimpanzees.) :oops:
Rachel

Postby lylejk » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm

bil abington, pa wrote:
Tree Sparrow 1.jpg

Impressive watercolor result Bill. :)

lylejk

Postby bil abington, pa » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Nice Lyle I like that.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby bil abington, pa » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:31 pm

Mary and Rachel it's interesting you both tried it out on flowers. (Rachel no surprise with you :) )
I've played with flowers a lot and they are somewhat of a headache for me but I love them so I keep trying. I know it all depends on the style you like and effect you are after but I like a little more tonal range in my paintings. Flowers are tough with little to no texture and if your photo isn't just right you get a lot of patches of washed out 1 color areas which I don't like. I also like them a little muted in the color department. If you like this image below look at the 1st 2 tools I use in the flow. Paint Noise and Dilate (Morpho Dilate/Erode in the Building Blocks menu). These work pretty good using a mask to break up some of the blotchy areas you get with flowers. (I didn't use a mask for this one I just applied them to the whole image). Screen / Average / Soft Light are a few to try 1st with different opacity setting using the parameters of the Paint Noise Module.

Tulips For Rachel.jpg
Tulips For Rachel.jpg (196.01 KiB) Viewed 2381 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Rachel » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:11 am

Ah, is that why flowers don't always work? Interesting. Thanks for the information. And thank you for the continued attempts to create a modifiable flow that will work for a range of images.
Rachel

Postby bil abington, pa » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Rachel wrote:Ah, is that why flowers don't always work? Interesting. Thanks for the information. And thank you for the continued attempts to create a modifiable flow that will work for a range of images.

There are easier ways like using dodge and and burn brushes or clone brushes in other programs I'm just pig headed. Everything I post on this board is created completely in Photo-Reactor with no outside help from other programs before or after. The only thing I do is crop and size my image before Photo Reactor after that it's on its own.

To be honest if Photo Reactor had a Stamp or clone tool, touch-up brushes (although I'm getting pretty good with the mask) and better previews I don't think I would ever use another program. Hell, I'm lucky if I have tapped 10% of what this program can do.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Fluffbutt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:25 pm

Three variations on Bills TreeSparrow picture:

Have a look at the "foxing" variation for use on untextured flowers, perhaps (turn off 'colourise'?)

Watercolour With Foxing.jpg
Watercolour With Foxing.jpg (134.75 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

|
Watercolour Quickly Done.jpg
Watercolour Quickly Done.jpg (140.92 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

|
Watercolour QuickSmudge.jpg
Watercolour QuickSmudge.jpg (121.2 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

Note that they are very similar - just variations of the original; I'm sure you've all played with it. :D :oops:
Fluffbutt

Postby bil abington, pa » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:12 am

Purple Flowers.jpg
Purple Flowers.jpg (232.15 KiB) Viewed 2294 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor