Share Your Flows Here:

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Postby Oscar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:18 pm

If the flows are too big for the JPEG marker they won't be embedded but the farch file will be created instead (fallback archive) - this is practically what is embedded in the jpeg file and can be loaded as a project - when you select open project, you can also select Photo Reactor data archive (farch)
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby JEL » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:32 am

bil abington, pa wrote:
The attachment Tree Sparrow 1.jpg is no longer available

FANTASTIC flow Bil!!! :D

I've just spent an hour trying to put all kinds of images through it and it really works wonders like few other flows. Very amazed by this.
Thank you very much for posting this :)

Here's an image from earlier this summer run through your flow. Wonderful results with this flow :) Moody, or atmospheric is perhaps a better word, in such a beautiful way :)
Attachments
Summer2013Denmark.jpg
Summer2013Denmark.jpg (227.12 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby JEL » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:48 am

Here's one more with Bil's flow (this one doesn't have it embedded because it's been resized)
What a super-flow this is! :)
Attachments
Summer2013Denmark2.jpg
Summer2013Denmark2.jpg (167.61 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
JEL

Postby bil abington, pa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Oscar wrote:If the flows are too big for the JPEG marker they won't be embedded but the farch file will be created instead (fallback archive) - this is practically what is embedded in the jpeg file and can be loaded as a project - when you select open project, you can also select Photo Reactor data archive (farch)

Thanks for responding Oscar, does that hold true for the Perameters Building Block too. It seems that from time to time I hit a limit and can add no more controls.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby bil abington, pa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:49 pm

JEL wrote:
FANTASTIC flow Bil!!! :D

I've just spent an hour trying to put all kinds of images through it and it really works wonders like few other flows. Very amazed by this.
Thank you very much for posting this :)

Jel:
I'm glad you like it, I'm still tweaking it (especially the parameters panel) I'd like to turn it into a Virtual Effect but to do so I need to take the border and paper texture out and have them be a separate Effect. The reason is for this flow to be used to it's fullest ability with all types of images I find myself adding a Hue Shift or Blur Module before the last Alpha Building Block with Masks attached a lot. Here's an example of why below. 1st image no mask and hue adjustment, 2nd with. The 1st image has the flow with the mask set-up. (The reason the hue shift isn't applied is the mask isn't painted yet). For size reasons there is no flow in the 2nd image but it is the exact flow. (Actual masks don't seem to save with the flow anyway) I wish they did.
Attachments
no mask.jpg
no mask.jpg (126.64 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
with mask.jpg
with mask.jpg (112.42 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby JEL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:52 pm

bil abington, pa wrote:I'm glad you like it, I'm still tweaking it (especially the parameters panel) I'd like to turn it into a Virtual Effect but to do so I need to take the border and paper texture out and have them be a separate Effect.

I might misunderstand what you're after, but you can add both the image-fileselector (for each texture image) and the "Edit mask" buttons for all mask-blocks to the parameters panel. This way you can choose your texture images and edit all masks from the parameters panel without unwrapping the virtual effect.
JEL

Postby bil abington, pa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:54 pm

Jel: The problem is the adjustments are specific to each individual image. For example I may want to desaturate an area, boast a shadow area, or even need to make multiple color adjustments. I'd have to put almost every scenario I could think of in the flow with off on switches as well as multiple masks. What a mess that would be. It's best to do an edge / texture effect this way I can do any changes in between the 2 virtual effects without them effecting the paper color, texture or edge mask.

JEL wrote:
bil abington, pa wrote:I'm glad you like it, I'm still tweaking it (especially the parameters panel) I'd like to turn it into a Virtual Effect but to do so I need to take the border and paper texture out and have them be a separate Effect.

I might misunderstand what you're after, but you can add both the image-fileselector (for each texture image) and the "Edit mask" buttons for all mask-blocks to the parameters panel. This way you can choose your texture images and edit all masks from the parameters panel without unwrapping the virtual effect.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby JEL » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:48 pm

bil abington, pa wrote:Jel: The problem is the adjustments are specific to each individual image. For example I may want to desaturate an area, boast a shadow area, or even need to make multiple color adjustments. I'd have to put almost every scenario I could think of in the flow with off on switches as well as multiple masks. What a mess that would be. It's best to do an edge / texture effect this way I can do any changes in between the 2 virtual effects without them effecting the paper color, texture or edge mask.

I've run into that kind of trouble myself on some flows. The more flexible I try to make them, the more complicated they become to use because you have to have more and more controls for all the various options. There is a point where that complexity just becomes more trouble than benefit.

I personally opt for the method you describe yourself; making several separate effects, that each gets more specialized to do a certain type of function rather than cover all kinds of functions. This actually is also generally easier to use I think, because sometimes you only need to adjust one specific thing and then it's more convenient when that specific thing is placed in a single effect so you don't have a ton of unrelated controls to bother with. It just is a better way of organizing the flow. Of course the downside is that it makes sharing such a flow more trouble, since, as you point out, you can't put everything in a single VFbox.

Actually I sat just the other day and thought of a node I really seem to miss often when I make flows; a router-node :)
A node where you can direct the flow in different directions. A bit like the layer-node, except more dedicated to simply routing the flow into different sub-flows, or to work as a stop'n'go (a more advanced bypass-node of sorts. The group-bypass is somewhat similar, but not quite) node that either allows or stops the flow from going into a sub-flow.
JEL

Postby Lugi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 am

!Andys 2d paint test_Final.jpg
!Andys 2d paint test_Final.jpg (242.44 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

Thank you Andy - I love it...
Lugi

Postby bil abington, pa » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm still in search of my dream watercolor flow. I'm trying something a little wetter.

Any suggestions or criticism would be appreciated.
I'll post the flow as soon as I get it cleaned up and get some suggestions.

Fetching Water 1.jpg
Fetching Water 1.jpg (120.48 KiB) Viewed 2119 times

A little wetter 1.jpg
A little wetter 1.jpg (119.87 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor