Share Your Flows Here:

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Postby Lugi » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Rachel wrote:Lugi, I am hoping to heaven there is a flow imbedded in your last image. it is fabulous~ :D

Hi Rachel - Yes, it's in there, and thank you !
Lugi

Postby Rachel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Which of Andy's white balance plugins are you using in your latest flow? I can't find one that will work with my 64 bit machine. Not that I need it... the flow works great even without it!
Attachments
DSCN1122_Final-001.jpg
DSCN1122_Final-001.jpg (144.9 KiB) Viewed 2209 times
Rachel

Postby Fluffbutt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm

JEL wrote:I got inspired by Bil's bar-image a few posts up and modified his watercolor-flow a bit for this one (flow included)

The change I did was to include a HSV-space color-enhancement section (you can rip it out from this flow and use it elsewhere if you find it useful on its own)

I found that I can do some great changes to color and look just by working in the HSV space. I'll post some more examples.

This and your next one just crashes by PR - no warning, just dead and gone.

(PR needs to handle crashing a little better - some sort of warning about "incompatible flow" or something)
Fluffbutt

Postby JEL » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Fluffbutt wrote:This and your next one just crashes by PR - no warning, just dead and gone.

(PR needs to handle crashing a little better - some sort of warning about "incompatible flow" or something)

I tried opening the flow from the image and I get a blank flow-chart (just showing the input and output block)

When I click the left mouse-button on the flow-chart (as if I wanted to select a block, even though none is shown) the flow pops up.

It doesn't crash on mine, but that may be because the input-image exists.

I think the error may be from me exporting the image while being 'inside' a black-box (you know; when the 'edit inside' tab is active instead of having the 'main flow' tab active (those tabs below the flow window)

So I tried exporting the image again, only this time I was in the 'main flow' window. This one imports correctly here, so I believe that may be the cause for the problem with the 2 previous images (I didn't try importing the flows from them before posting them, since I've never run into this problem before now. Thanks for the heads-up on this, which is clearly a bug! :) )
Attachments
test.jpg
test.jpg (171.97 KiB) Viewed 2188 times
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby andydansby » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Fluffbutt wrote:
This and your next one just crashes by PR - no warning, just dead and gone.

I think the bug is not as much as a bug but a result of having the correct C ++ runtime library in your OS.

The reason I believe is shown with compiling with various version of Visual Studio. The first plugins I wrote were 32 bit, the only compiler I had was Visual Studio 2010 express, which on Windows 8 I could only compile as 32 bit. I could not get 64 bit to compile at all, a rather irritating and restrictive problem. On my Vista Desktop, I could use Visual Studio 2010 to compile in 64 Bit. Si I would compile 64 on my desktop and 32 on my laptop(more convenient). I did this for 4 plugins. I had no complaints of them causing crashes.

I then discovered that Microsoft release Visual Studio 2012 Express, I wrote my next few plugins with them. I could compile 32 and 64 bits on the same machine without having to use my flash drive to move code.

When Microsoft release Visual Studio 2013, I started using it. I wrote my last 2 plugins with it, Kuwahara and Paint. These seem to cause crashing on some machines, but worked great with my machines.

I started frantically searching, why and I am still not 100% sure, but here is what I think.

Each version of Visual Studio uses a different version of the runtime library, which is the code that Visual Studio references when you compile. When you install a version of Visual Studio, that version of the runtime library 32 or 64 bit is installed also. That is great for the programmer.

For the end user, things have to be done when a program is installed, usually the installation of a program checks to see if you have the version of the runtime library needed to run that program. In most cases versions of the runtime libraries are kept current by the installation of other programs or perhaps through system updates (I'm not sure of the later).

When I compile programs in Visual Studio 2013 and the user of the program does not have the runtime for VS2013, a crash occurs, however if you do, it works great.

I think that this is why Paint and Kuwahara have had problems on most machines, but not all (like my machine). So far I have recompiled Paint with Visual Studio 2012, which is available on another thread. By this weekend I'll recompile Kuwahara and test.

That is my $.02, though I might just be full of hot air.

Andy Dansby
andydansby

Postby JEL » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:23 am

andydansby wrote:I think the bug is not as much as a bug but a result of having the correct C ++ runtime library in your OS.

You may be right. My skills in cpp doesn't stretch far enough for me to question you :)

Anyway, there is only default flow-blocks used in the flow. No 3rd party ones. Only those supplied with PR by default.

I'm using PR x64 on win7 home-premium. I don't know what fluff is using, but wouldn't PR throw more errors for him if he's missing (or having a 'wrong' version) a runtime library? Or could this be such a minute difference that it only shows when a flow is saved in a specific way?

We (fluff and I) obviously both got errors with the image, except mine didn't crash and could recover the flow with a single mouse-click. But mine still didn't show the flow upon initial image-import. I had to click the mouse first and then the flow showed up with the focus being inside a group (the 'edit inside' tab), which is where I had the focus when I exported the main image.

Maybe a logic-check that moves focus to the top-level (the main flow tab) before export is the safest bet for a future PR-update to safe-guard against similar situations?
DAP (AOPs): http://jelstudio.dk/DAP/
PhotoReactor (flows, effects and scripts): http://jelstudio.dk/PhotoReactor/
JEL

Postby Fluffbutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm

JEL wrote:
Fluffbutt wrote:This and your next one just crashes by PR - no warning, just dead and gone.

I think the error may be from me exporting the image while being 'inside' a black-box (you know; when the 'edit inside' tab is active instead of having the 'main flow' tab active (those tabs below the flow window)

I haven't tried it yet, but that's an old already-reported bug, I'm a little surprised it hasn't been eradicated yet!.

Edit: Tested and it loads perfectly, so it's still the old problem of being inside a sub-flow (black box).

I don't think it run-time related, I have all the C++ dll run times installed (a lot of games need them).

I'm using PR x64 on win7 home-premium. I don't know what fluff is using, but wouldn't PR throw more errors for him if he's missing (or having a 'wrong' version) a runtime library? Or could this be such a minute difference that it only shows when a flow is saved in a specific way?

Using the same. And yes, runtime libs don't usually throw up problems after a program starts, they chuck hissy fits when they start up.
Last edited by Fluffbutt on Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fluffbutt

Postby Fluffbutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:18 pm

JEL wrote:Thanks for the heads-up on this, which is clearly a bug! :) )

I didn't like the HSV thing (I can't see how to control what gets kept and what gets changed, as far as the colours go), so I deleted it.

A minor variation on the mask and the smoothing.. Now it wet washes the background and keeps foreground details.

The flow:
Wet Wash and Details.jpg
Wet Wash and Details.jpg (190.6 KiB) Viewed 2168 times

Does this:

Fluffbutt

Postby Fluffbutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Same flow, different image (some photos need a little desaturation).

(ImgBox is a crappy server, slow to respond.. I'll have to find a new one)
Fluffbutt

Postby Fluffbutt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:53 pm

It also works pretty well for faces.. needs some after work colour corrections, perhaps.

Still not sure which I like best. The corrected (#2) version is more realistic in the colours but the original work is more ethereal..

She's freckled - they show up as brownish spots.. I'll have to try this with a nudey and see how it goes..
Fluffbutt

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor