Share Your Flows Here:

Upcoming mother of all image editors

Re: Share Your Flows Here:

Postby bil abington, pa » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:34 pm

andydansby wrote:
Have the filters been working in your copies of PR?

Thanks
Andy Dansby

Andy they work fine in PR.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Fluffbutt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:31 am

bil abington, pa wrote:
Lugi wrote:
mhwarner wrote:Lugi,

I like the Burano painting but there was no flow included in it. Not sure if you intended to do so.

No, I didn't Mary...I tried to reduce the size, and I must have lost the flow... Here's a snapshot !

venice-burano-bridg_Final.jpg

Lugi, Mary, Fluffbutt and any others that are playing with the new Dap I wanted to let you know I did some tests using Andy's plugins in a couple test flows and filters don't work in Dap. I even tried the Scale If module and set it all the way down to 800 and then resized at the end of the flow and all I got from Kuwahara was an ever so slight wave that could be mistaken for lens distortion.

Those plugins are working fine for me, the Ku one acts like a wibbled moist segmentation.
Fluffbutt

Postby bil abington, pa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm

Fluffbutt wrote:
Those plugins are working fine for me, the Ku one acts like a wibbled moist segmentation.

I doubt it Fluff. Simple test.

Windows 8.1
Reactor 1.1 build 3
Dap 4 beta 3

Created vbox with Andy's Kuwahara set to 20. No other module or effect but Kuwahara was in the vbox. Saved my Reactor result (Image 2 below)
Opened Dap, called vbox for Pre Processing Stage, ran the template and then inserted the Pre Process Layer, and hid all layers. (Image 3 below is my result in Dap).
I tried calling the vbox for Underpaint Prep, Under Paint Post, Dry Reveal Post, and the actual Dry Reveal Stage all with the same results.

Simple test for you Fluff. Create the vbox, Kuwahara only, open the Template Editor, call vbox anywhere you want and then move the slide, you'll notice there is no change in the preview image whatsoever.

AndysKuwaharaOriginalImage.jpg
AndysKuwaharaOriginalImage.jpg (81.98 KiB) Viewed 4000 times

AndysKuwaharaReactor.jpg
AndysKuwaharaReactor.jpg (79.62 KiB) Viewed 4000 times

AndysKuwaharaDap.jpg
AndysKuwaharaDap.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby mhwarner » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Bill, Andy,

It doesn't surprise me that the plugins don't translate to DAP. For the vfboxes that we are using, Oscar's got some sort of mini-Reactor processing engine built into DAP which doesn't require the presence or installation of Reactor (sort of like .8bf Photoshop plugins that can be recognized by a multitude of programs). However, the plugins like Andy's are actual .dll files that the base Reactor program itself doesn't know anything about until it is required to access them in a flow. Unless Oscar gets this mini-engine Reactor thing in DAP to also look at .dll files (in which case we would then have to package the .dll with the AOP), I don't see how it could ever recognize them. And I would also think that assuming Oscar could even make it work, it would open up other issues as to the plugins if somebody decided they want to create and sell them instead of being as generous as Andy and give them away.

Not sure if this makes sense, but that's my thought on the matter.
mhwarner

Postby bil abington, pa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:31 pm

mhwarner wrote:Bill, Andy,

It doesn't surprise me that the plugins don't translate to DAP. For the vfboxes that we are using, Oscar's got some sort of mini-Reactor processing engine built into DAP which doesn't require the presence or installation of Reactor (sort of like .8bf Photoshop plugins that can be recognized by a multitude of programs). However, the plugins like Andy's are actual .dll files that the base Reactor program itself doesn't know anything about until it is required to access them in a flow. Unless Oscar gets this mini-engine Reactor thing in DAP to also look at .dll files (in which case we would then have to package the .dll with the AOP), I don't see how it could ever recognize them. And I would also think that assuming Oscar could even make it work, it would open up other issues as to the plugins if somebody decided they want to create and sell them instead of being as generous as Andy and give them away.

Not sure if this makes sense, but that's my thought on the matter.

I was just passing the info along to folks who are playing with Dap/Reactor. The vbox's take some time to process when working with large size images in Dap I didn't want someone designing a flow that depends on that effect and find out after the fact it doesn't work.
Have Fun Bill
Bill Somogyi
bil abington, pa

Postby Fluffbutt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:42 pm

bil abington, pa wrote:
Fluffbutt wrote:

I doubt it Fluff. Simple test.[/attachment]
AndysKuwaharaReactor.jpg

AndysKuwaharaDap.jpg

It was my fault - I misread the original post.

I thought it was saying that the plugins weren't working in PR.

I wouldn't expect them to work in the vfbox part of DAP4 - that's just a plugin that runs the vfbox.

Me = just not reading properly.. tired, maybe?
Fluffbutt

Postby Lugi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:50 pm

0004-44_Final.jpg
0004-44_Final.jpg (243.15 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
Lugi

Postby mhwarner » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Lugi,

This one (0004-44_Final.jpg) looks very painterly! Love the colors. When I load the flow I get a "Plugin Error" for the 1st plugin. I guess it is one of Andy's that I have missed? What's it called? Thanks!
mhwarner

Postby Lugi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:22 pm

mhwarner wrote:Lugi,

This one (0004-44_Final.jpg) looks very painterly! Love the colors. When I load the flow I get a "Plugin Error" for the 1st plugin. I guess it is one of Andy's that I have missed? What's it called? Thanks!

Mary - Here's the snapshot... White Balance is the first one !

Lugi

0004-44A.jpg
0004-44A.jpg (112.96 KiB) Viewed 3968 times
Lugi

Postby Fluffbutt » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:35 pm

I get the same error - Is White Balance an "extra" plugin for PR?

Edit - it is, but I can't find it.

I deleted it and replaced it with curves with a centre brighten.

I modified your work flow a little, it blends back the original to add a little detail to the paintery parts. It's a bit garish, could do with a little desaturation.

While I'm posting pix, a variation on the "anchor and stone" one - sorry, forgot the original poster..

Last edited by Fluffbutt on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fluffbutt

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Reactor