Adding Impressions

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Adding Impressions

Postby painter7 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi,
I read the DAP help file in which it is stated that one can load a painting from the disk to add it to the style related impressions. When I click on Tool>Add Impression and select one (or more) jpgs from my HD and click on Open button, nothing happens. In short - I am not able to add impressions, no matter how I try.
Any help?
painter7

Re: Adding Impressions

Postby Wutz » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:32 pm

painter7 wrote:Hi,
I read the DAP help file in which it is stated that one can load a painting from the disk to add it to the style related impressions. When I click on Tool>Add Impression and select one (or more) jpgs from my HD and click on Open button, nothing happens. In short - I am not able to add impressions, no matter how I try.
Any help?

With DAP 32bit I have no problems to add impressions, but with DAP64 - like you said, even when I run it as administrator.

:o :?
Wutz

Postby Wutz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 am

A workaround could be - if you have DAP32 - add the impressions there and copy them to the DAP64 objectpacks/profiles folder. Worked for me...
Wutz

Re: Adding Impressions... from DAP 2.6 to DAP 5.0.3

Postby tartine78 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:01 am

Wutz wrote:A workaround could be - if you have DAP32 - add the impressions there and copy them to the DAP64 objectpacks/profiles folder. Worked for me...

Hello Wutz, the problem seems to be the same in DAP5

but using dap 5.0.3 32 bits didn't help me as DAP doen't seems to care when i
- click on "add impression"
- select an image
- confirm by typing "ok"

result= no impression seems to be added.

it is the same with DAP 4 32 bit

Edit: it works with DAP 2.6 !
here is my workflow:
you can do it with DAP 2.6
they will be created in
C:\Users\ADMIN\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DAPainter 26\objectpacks\Profiles
copy them
and paste them in
C:\Program Files\DAPPRO5\objectpacks\Profiles

Mike
tartine78

Postby LigH » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:41 am

"VirtualStore" ... that sounds like "pending changes to the file system" to a directory which is protected by some OS features (since Vista, the UAC protects the "Program Files" branch, especially of currently running programs, sometimes even when running "as Administrator"). They should get applied to the originally desired directory later, possibly during a reboot?

DAP should change to prefer the %APPDATA% area for customizable content, instead of subdirectories in the installation location; but that was discussed already before.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter