TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT

Postby mhwarner » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:02 am

Just wondering if this software is no longer being supported. The lack of support from Oscar is appalling. No response here in this forum. No response to private messages. No response to support requests from the Mediachance website. Actually, I did get a response from the website thanking me for providing a link to this forum. That was it.

The inability to properly export layers is a big problem. And since I have given up on ever hearing from Oscar about a fix, I decided the hell with it. I would go back to version 4 since I really don't need the ability to do batch processing. The new layers panel in v 5 is nice, but useless if you intend to do any post processing. But unfortunately, if you install version 5, it TOTALLY BREAKS THE LAYERS EXPORT in version 4. I have spent an entire day trying to figure it out and I am giving up. I uninstalled both versions of the software. I used Regedit to go through all of the software keys (that I could find by searching) that had anything to do with DAP or Mediachance (except for the ones related to Photoreactor). Then I reinstalled DAP 4 into a different directory than the default Programs. No luck. It is still somehow using some piece of code related to the export of layers which was installed on my computer by the uninstalled DAP 5. I have done this about 4 times.

I am about to give up on this piece of software which I have used for about 8 years now. If anybody has any suggestions, I would sure love to hear them. I did purchase the Reactor plugin for Photoshop and I am now trying to duplicate the functionality of DAP and it's layers that way, since my templates mostly use Reactor files and I throw away the underpainting and detail anyway. It was just so much easier to do it in DAP and export a full Photoshop layer file for further processing. Just for the record, the PSD files I exported from DAP before installing version 5 were in the range of 280 MB total for the "10 Megapixels" DAP file. Now they are between 52 and 90 MB, depending on whether I export a "Simple Layed PSD" or a PSD with "Transparent Layers", both of which are totally useless and bear no resemblance to my layer stack in either version of the program.

I realize that none of you are likely to have any answer for this problem, but it makes me feel better to put the issue in writing (once again) in the hopes that maybe at some point in the future Oscar will once again take interest in this software and make some attempt at fixing the problem. Oscar, I hope you are at least happy and healthy on whatever tropical island you have moved to and are enjoying a pleasant life free of writing software code and responding to forums or email messages.
mhwarner

Re: TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT

Postby rgalka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:05 pm

It does help to vent. ;O)
I propose that those of us who visit here **bump** this post at least once a day.

**bump**
rgalka

Postby rgalka » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:59 pm

**bump**
rgalka

Postby gabbydeb » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:30 pm

I replied to your last post, but I saw this one, and I have to agree with you. I am in the Real Draw Pro forum, as I have been a very happy owner of Real Draw Pro 5. However there has been no update information, or a new version of Real Draw Pro for several years. I bought my RDP 5 when I using Windows XP. Now my Real Draw is really wonky. I am wondering the same as you, about the current support for our programs. :|
gabbydeb

Postby Bron » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi Mary,

Sorry to hear about this. I have learned much from your helpful posts. Sad to see you ignored. :(

It might be that DAP 5 is leaving something in the registry which is causing this. Rather than using the windows uninstall, try this. Reinstall DAP 5, then use a program like "REVO UNINSTALLER" which tends to "clean up" better than the windows installer (including registry, odd files here and there, and so on). Then be sure to reboot your PC (some files won't be gone until this is done). Then install DAP 4 and see if the problem still persists.

Fingers crossed this might help you!
Bron

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter