Where in the world?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Where in the world?

Postby karateman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:58 am

Being new to DAP I find it interesting to see some of the subject matter and where these interesting pictures originate. I think it would be nice to know where other members of the group live and also what is there intrest and subject matter.

For me, I live in the North East of England in county Durham, and my main subject of interest for photographing and transfering to art using DAP is the Yorkshire Dales, buildings in and around Bishop Auckland in county Durham.
I've been using my works to use in a family history web site which I'm currently building.

I look forward to hearing wher others live and how spread around the world the DAP group are.

By the way I have a complaint, I've got so addictive to DAP that I can't get anything else done? :D
karateman

Re: Where in the world?

Postby PixelPainter » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 am

I would love to know more about where the images people are painting are coming from. For me, I live in Nebraska, U.S.A. but some of my photos are from our travels to England, Scotland, Jamaica, and various places around the North American continent. I'll try to be sure and post where my images are from.

A lot of us post on Flickr, and it has a feature where you can pinpoint on a map where the photo was taken. I havent figured it out yet, but then I just haven't taken the time.
PixelPainter

Postby anecessaryevil » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 pm

I live in Seattle, Washington USA and most of my photos are taken around the greater Seattle area.
Since most of the small photos I post here link to the large size images in my Flickr art stream most of them have map data on Flickr showing almost exactly where they were taken.
I have digital photos that I have taken over the last decade so some of them I do not remember the location and some of them I will not provide a location.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby Automotion » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:55 pm

I live in Krung Thep mahanakhon amon rattanakosin mahintara ayuthaya mahadilok phop noppharat ratchathani burirom udomratchaniwet mahasathan amon piman awatan sathit sakkathattiya witsanukam prasit, AKA Bangkok, Thailand.
Automotion

Postby Gene_mtl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I live in Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada. That's located on what is called the South Shore or Rive Sud of Montreal.

Photography and computers are my main interests/hobbies and that led to an interest in Photo Art and thus the use of DAP.

My photography and my Photo Art gallery links can be found in my sig.
Gene_mtl

Postby heeb » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:56 pm

karateman wrote:For me, I live in the North East of England in county Durham, and my main subject of interest for photographing and transfering to art using DAP is the Yorkshire Dales, buildings in and around Bishop Auckland in county Durham.

So close! I live in Gateshead, very close to Newcastle upon Tyne (although I am Dutch).

karateman wrote:By the way I have a complaint, I've got so addictive to DAP that I can't get anything else done? :D

LOL, indeed! *Very* addictive...
heeb

Postby karateman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:33 am

heeb wrote:
karateman wrote:For me, I live in the North East of England in county Durham, and my main subject of interest for photographing and transfering to art using DAP is the Yorkshire Dales, buildings in and around Bishop Auckland in county Durham.

So close! I live in Gateshead, very close to Newcastle upon Tyne (although I am Dutch).

karateman wrote:By the way I have a complaint, I've got so addictive to DAP that I can't get anything else done? :D

LOL, indeed! *Very* addictive...

Heeb, how's this weather treating you, can't believe someone so close, I thought I was the only one in the North East of England on DAP, great to hear from you I suppose you have a few pictures of the North East I'd love to see some.
karateman

Postby Rocambole » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:57 pm

I live close to Oslo, Norway's little capital, where the sun sets at about 3:30 PM these days and it is -10 degrees centigrade but feels like -25 because of the wind. I work with computers all day in a big newspaper and then hurry home to play with computers the rest of the day. I also take a lot of photographs and work from time to time with computer animation. But the last year or so I have worked mostly with DAP related stuff both for fun and because I manage to sell most of my creations.

When the weather gets a bit better in five months or so I have a dream of going out to find a beautiful spot and bring an easel with me. But instead of a canvas I will attach a laptop to it and a webcam connected to the laptop and then record some nice scenery and create DAPs directly with the motives right in front of me. I think that would be fun.

Last edited by Rocambole on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rocambole

Postby PixelPainter » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Rocambole wrote:When the weather gets a bit better in five months or so I have a dream of going out to find a beatiful spot and have with me an easel. But instead of a canvas I will attach a laptop to it and a webcam connected to the laptop and then record some nice scenery and create DAPs directly with the motives right in front of me. I think that would be fun.

That sounds like a fun idea. I'll have to dig out my easel. :)
PixelPainter

Postby karateman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 am

Rocambole wrote:I live close to Oslo, Norway's little capital, where the sun sets at about 3:30 PM these days and it is -10 degrees centigrade but feels like -25 because of the wind. I work with computers all day in a big newspaper and then hurry home to play with computers the rest of the day. I also take a lot of photographs and work from time to time with computer animation. But the last year or so I have worked mostly with DAP related stuff both for fun and because I manage to sell most of my creations.

When the weather gets a bit better in five months or so I have a dream of going out to find a beautiful spot and bring an easel with me. But instead of a canvas I will attach a laptop to it and a webcam connected to the laptop and then record some nice scenery and create DAPs directly with the motives right in front of me. I think that would be fun.

Rocambole, I thought it was cold in the North East of England, we have about 8" of snow here and it seems that the whole county has come to a stand still?
Love the idea of taking your lap top out with an easel to be inspired by what is around you, hope the battry lasts?
karateman

Next

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter