Post your Object based Art

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

What to do with all those Mardi Gras Beads.

Postby lylejk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Still figuring out how to make better beads from the Pearl AOP; actually modified the AOP (and might post if there is some interest) too. Still, to get the metallic shine, I had to do a lot of G'MIC blends. :)

http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/3rd5 ... 505-21.jpg

lylejk

Re: Post your Object based Art

Postby mhwarner » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Lyle,

I'm not usually that into object AOPs, but I really like this fish. Beautiful colors. Would be interested in seeing just the fish overlayed on a different background -- maybe some sort of "fractal" water? I'd give it a play but I've got a project deadline coming up.
mhwarner

Postby lylejk » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Feel free to play away with this fish if you like Mary. Click here for the AOP (if you want to make some pearl creations for your choice). :)
lylejk

Postby lylejk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Being an honest indian (part Chipawah), I have to mention that I will not be playing in the Mardi-gras parade this weekend as I mentioned earlier due to incliment weather, they changed the time of the parade and the band leaders decided that we would not participate. I will admit that I have no tear in my eye for this decision. lol

And yet, why not another beaded interpretation. lol

:)

ref: http://www.fontplay.com/freephotos/2nd5 ... 4-0025.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
lylejk

Vegan's Cornucopia

Postby lylejk » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Haven't taken Vegetables AOP out for a spin for quite a long time now. Learned a few lessons since then. For added depth, I dupped result, used Thickness Map export and equalized and blurred the resultt and created a mask from it and applied it to the top layer and then dupped the base layer and set the layer above to multiply. Added some G'MIC tonemapping blends to the result too. :)

lylejk

Postby Rachel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Lyle, what fun with the fruits and vegetables! Thickness map? I've heard of people using it but have never mastered it myself. Is it easier now to use or an additional 15 steps in another editor?
Rachel

Postby lylejk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 am

Rachel wrote:Lyle, what fun with the fruits and vegetables! Thickness map? I've heard of people using it but have never mastered it myself. Is it easier now to use or an additional 15 steps in another editor?

Hate to say another 15 steps in another editor Rachel. lol

I finally realized what the thickness map really is. It's actually a stroke placement map. When a stroke goes over another stroke, the thickness map will outline both stroke but give deferent shades depending on when the stroke was placed. I actually only needed to know the outline and did some additional voodoo in order to help with the shading. Still experimental and hard to describe the voodoo. lol

:)
lylejk

Postby Rachel » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 am

Lyle, thanks for your honesty! :D I'll just continue to enjoy your object based art as you display it! ;)
Rachel

Postby lylejk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Just updated the bunnies AOP a few minutes ago for better drop shadow effect. Below's a play which I added a targed blend of Eye Candy 3's Fur to the mix. :)

lylejk

Clover garden.

Postby lylejk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 am

Just sharing my lucky 4-leaf garden with you folks (way too early for Easter. lol). :)

lylejk

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter