Post your AOPs here.

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Post your AOPs here.

Postby mjb_nj » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:44 am

Here is a custom AOP I did while experimenting with DAP. I was looking for a sort of grungy/edgy result (I called this one PopGrunge).

Click on the Image for a larger view.

If anyone likes it I can ask Oscar to let me upload it to the cafe. My use for DAP is not to copy any particular artist's style but come up with particular looks for the output so my stuff is usually not for landscapes or any type of image in particular. I do digital painting in Photoshop CS5 and use other applications like ArtRage3 and AutoDesk Sketchbook Designer so I use DAP as an underpainting tool to expedite my workflow, not as a finished product (so some of my AOPs may seem unfinished). I forget what I used in terms of brushes (I may have just mixed some alphas together in Photoshop and put a grunge overlay on the color palette. Since then I've graduated to making my own custom brush alphas and my own color palettes, but when I did this one, I was still in noob mode :cry: .
mjb_nj

Postby anecessaryevil » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:54 pm

mjb_nj wrote:Here is a custom AOP I did while experimenting with DAP. I was looking for a sort of grungy/edgy result (I called this one PopGrunge).

I like it. Hopefully Oscar will give you permission to post in DAP Cafe. Otherwise you can use an file host and link to it but being in the DAP Cafe would be better all around.
I asked Oscar and he gave me permission so you should not have any problems.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby mjb_nj » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:22 pm

I e-mailed Oscar.

Just playing around with the GrungePop AOP (and using some overlays/image adjustments in Photoshop) you can get a reasonably good image that resembles a grungy graphic novel style. I re-worked the joker head I used in the post above as an example.

Click on Image for a larger view
mjb_nj

Postby Jeree » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 pm

@Lyle, you are always surprising and thinking outside (any) box, how creative :)

@MJB, love that texture and wow on the layerd PS version of your Joker :)
Jeree

Postby Gene_mtl » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Back in the old forum, a user - Donkey Engine posted an AOP called Graphite Smudge. I really enjoy this AOP and thought others might also. So I've uploaded it to the DAP Cafe http://dap.mediachance.com/

Included in the ZIP file is the AOP, the Help file and two Impression files that will give an interesting toning to the B&W palette when selected.

To show some exam0ples of what the AOP can produce:

The Original Photo
IMG_0395_original.jpg
IMG_0395_original.jpg (234.54 KiB) Viewed 9921 times

Graphite Smudge @ 10 MB with Default palette
IMG_0395_DAP_Graphite Smudge_defaultPalette.jpg
IMG_0395_DAP_Graphite Smudge_defaultPalette.jpg (243.31 KiB) Viewed 9921 times

Graphite Smudge @ 10 MB with B&W palette
IMG_0395_DAP_Graphite Smudge_BWpalette_1000.jpg
IMG_0395_DAP_Graphite Smudge_BWpalette_1000.jpg (241.3 KiB) Viewed 9921 times

Thanks to Donkey Engine for creating the AOP wherever he/she may be.
Gene_mtl

Postby PixelPainter » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:25 pm

I downloaded and played with the Graphite Smudge a little bit last night and I really like it. Thanks for posting it at DAP Cafe.
PixelPainter

Postby karateman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:07 am

Yes, I also love the Graphite Smudge, it's become one of my favourites.
I've noticed users posting AOP's which arn't located in DAP Cafe or in this forum. Can anyone direct me to where AOP's can be located please.
karateman

Postby Rocambole » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Those AOPs were probably located in the old forum. Of course those of us who possess "lost" AOPs could post them here or at DAP café – but personally I would prefer that their originators returned to our little community and did it themselves. I recently posted Honzakov's AOPs at DAP café because I was reasonably sure he was not going to do it since he left us a long time before the old forum went down.
Rocambole

Postby anecessaryevil » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Rocambole wrote:Those AOPs were probably located in the old forum. Of course those of us who possess "lost" AOPs could post them here or at DAP café – but personally I would prefer that their originators returned to our little community and did it themselves. I recently posted Honzakov's AOPs at DAP café because I was reasonably sure he was not going to do it since he left us a long time before the old forum went down.

I agree.
While I have almost all of the old AOPs that were in the DAP Cafe I did not keep track of who created them so I would feel strange about posting them when I could not give proper credit.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby lylejk » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 am

Jeree wrote:@Lyle, you are always surprising and thinking outside (any) box, how creative :)

@MJB, love that texture and wow on the layerd PS version of your Joker :)

lol; yeah; wack that way. DAP was based on a previous project called Arcimbolder and I pretty much like keeping to that theme (using objects instead of brushes) for my AOPs. :)
lylejk

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter