Post your AOPs here.

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Post your AOPs here.

Postby Kered » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 pm

We seem to have gotten OT here. I guess if Andy put the presets up they were effectively in the public domain. I doubt he would have any objections to them being replaced here.
kered
Kered

Postby Brecker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:07 pm

I agree with Kered. Once up -- always approved for being up -- unless the AOP developer expresses his/her desire that the AOP is no longer available for forum member use.
Brecker

Postby lylejk » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm all about public domain. Can't speak for Andy or anyone else, but should any of my AOPs that I choose to share here for whatever reason disappear, anyone who happens to have the AOP preset can feel free to share them with whoever they want too. I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of uploading them and sharing the link if I wanted them to no longer be shared. :)
lylejk

Postby Fluffbutt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:28 pm

My take on that is the same - there's a difference between pulling an aop apart and claiming parts are yours (or not giving credit for parts used), and just re-uploading an aop that's gone missing.

The former is just nasty, the latter is just helpful.
Fluffbutt

Postby Delboy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:02 pm

If Andy's watercolor brushes were originally on DAP Cafe and have somehow been lost
then I cannot see a problem with them being put back on DAP Cafe as long as he is credited.

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby Rocambole » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:15 am

A quick search at the Internet Archive (also known as the Wayback Machine) proves that Andy's five Watercolor AOPs were posted at the DAP café from November 2009 to January 2010:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100706175645/http://dap.mediachance.com/ (click on the Impatient? link to speed up the process)
And now they are all gone. Has Andy himself for some unknown reason removed the AOPs?
Rocambole

I guess this is what is confusing a lot of us

Postby jonayres57 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm

dap2.jpg
DAP Cafe search finds nothing
dap2.jpg (167.7 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
dap1.jpg
or I am using the wrong terms for the search?
dap1.jpg (179.8 KiB) Viewed 4535 times

I thought I had originally downloaded them from DAP Cafe, but the DAP Search turns up nothing, at least your way back link shows them. Maybe I should have tried the British spelling of Colours?
JD
jonayres57

Postby Rocambole » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Andy's Watercolour AOPs disappeared from DAP café some time after September 13th 2010 which is the last date DAP café was backed up at the Wayback Machine. The easiest way to find out what happened to them is probably to send Andy a PM and ask. If he removed them himself I don't think it is a good idea to upload them. But if he doesn't mind the Wayback machine will make it possible to put them back with the same examples and text as originally.
Rocambole

Postby jonayres57 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm not going to reup them, I never felt comfortable doing it, but then I could not if I wanted to since they are sized larger than the limit.
JD
jonayres57

Postby andydansby » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Rocambole wrote:Andy's Watercolour AOPs disappeared from DAP café some time after September 13th 2010 which is the last date DAP café was backed up at the Wayback Machine. The easiest way to find out what happened to them is probably to send Andy a PM and ask. If he removed them himself I don't think it is a good idea to upload them. But if he doesn't mind the Wayback machine will make it possible to put them back with the same examples and text as originally.

Hi everyone. I took down most of the watercolor AOP's when they consistently got poor ratings. I figured that if they were not liked, then I did not do a good job with making it/testing. They are still on site along with some other silly AOP's I created.

I can re-enable the AOP's if they are in demand.

As for the public domain question, all of my AOP's are in the public domain, they are for everyone's enjoyment.\

Andy
andydansby

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter