Post your AOPs here.

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Post your AOPs here.

Postby Wutz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:11 pm

andydansby wrote:Hi everyone. I took down most of the watercolor AOP's when they consistently got poor ratings. I figured that if they were not liked, then I did not do a good job with making it/testing. They are still on site along with some other silly AOP's I created.

I can re-enable the AOP's if they are in demand.

As for the public domain question, all of my AOP's are in the public domain, they are for everyone's enjoyment.\

Andy

Actually, there are no silly AOPs - we just havev to figure out when and on wahr pitures to use them - and with what kind of settings. You your Renoir-AOP is my all-time-favorite, but I had to tweak it a little bit concerning a mysterious behavior wit some nreds...

Great to have you around again! Happy New Year!
Wutz

Postby lylejk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:15 am

andydansby wrote:
Rocambole wrote:Andy's Watercolour AOPs disappeared from DAP café some time after September 13th 2010 which is the last date DAP café was backed up at the Wayback Machine. The easiest way to find out what happened to them is probably to send Andy a PM and ask. If he removed them himself I don't think it is a good idea to upload them. But if he doesn't mind the Wayback machine will make it possible to put them back with the same examples and text as originally.

Hi everyone. I took down most of the watercolor AOP's when they consistently got poor ratings. I figured that if they were not liked, then I did not do a good job with making it/testing. They are still on site along with some other silly AOP's I created.

As for the public domain question, all of my AOP's are in the public domain, they are for everyone's enjoyment.\

Andy

Cool to see you post again Andy. I don't know who would give your work bad ratings, but I can't say what I'm thinking about those folks right now because of forum rules. lol

Happy New Year to you too. :)
lylejk

Postby jonayres57 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:10 am

Thank you Andy, your presets are nice and I think pretty popular.
JD
jonayres57

Postby Fluffbutt » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 am

andydansby wrote:
Rocambole wrote:Andy's Watercolour AOPs disappeared from DAP café some time after September 13th 2010 which is the last date DAP café was backed up at the Wayback Machine. The easiest way to find out what happened to them is probably to send Andy a PM and ask. If he removed them himself I don't think it is a good idea to upload them. But if he doesn't mind the Wayback machine will make it possible to put them back with the same examples and text as originally.

Hi everyone. I took down most of the watercolor AOP's when they consistently got poor ratings. I figured that if they were not liked, then I did not do a good job with making it/testing. They are still on site along with some other silly AOP's I created.

Andy

Most of the are brilliant... I think there's one I don't like (it works fine up to about 3000 strokes, then just smudges to black mess after that).
I'd never give it a poor rating though.. someone else might love it.

If I don't like something like that, I just don't use it!

Ratings, to me, are for things you buy, to warn others away (or tell them of good things) - they shouldn't apply to freebies!

Please, keep going, your stuff is great (even the one i don't like is great up to 3000 strokes..hehehe).
Fluffbutt

Postby Delboy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 am

lylejk wrote:
Cool to see you post again Andy. I don't know who would give your work bad ratings, but I can't say what I'm thinking about those folks right now because of forum rules. lol

Happy New Year to you too. :)

hehe sorry cannot bend the rules here ;) But hey nice to see it is being resolved :D

Cheers
DMFX Player v3.0.9.7 Released 02/03/2016
Delboy

Postby Gene_mtl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:16 am

Happy New Year, Andy. You and your contributions to the forum are greatly missed. And I still use many of your "silly" AOPs much to my enjoyment. <Big Smile>
Gene_mtl

Beer Caps

Postby lylejk » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:19 am

I got the set from here (lots of work to extract and then apply mask, but still faster then extracting them myself) but they got them from here. Been wanting to do a bottlecap AOP. Kept it compatible with 32-bit DAP. :)

edit: modified AOP file for easier extraction to canvas in GIMP. Added hint of drop shadow to the caps too. Link below is new so if you loaded the AOP pack prior to Jan 3, 2012, 8:05am, then reload. One of your steps will be to auto level since the whites are a little darker (again part of my scheme for white removal when doing alternative canvas in GIMP). The extraction technique involves duplicating for 3 layers (you have to add alpha channel to top 2 layers) setting the Top layer to Light and Bottom layer to Darken and running Color to Alpha {default white) on bottom layer and running Threshold to Alpha on bottom layer set to 1. Click here for a result using that technique. :)

Bottle Caps: http://ubuntuone.com/0PzEMJYG5mlF5phHAIso8N

Now I have to admit that I did do some post processing (hint of drop shadow effect and a few additional things for added dimension). It would be wonderful to add drop shadow feature in DAP for object based AOPs (do I ask for too much? lol). :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
lylejk

Postby mhwarner » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Here's my latest "Funky" series AOP. HD Only - sorry but 32-bit DAP doesn't provide the necessary control. It doesn't attempt to mimic any artist or style. The default (oil) palette creates (duh!) an oil painting. The color palette is textured/embossed with brushstrokes captured from the Vangogh HD AOPs and runs at the max "dry" setting. The second palette is not textured and runs at full "wet" setting. The brushes are the same for both. Some of the larger brushes are from the one of the sets previous posted here by "Loadus". Will wait for any comments or complaints from the peanut gallery here before posting to the DAP Cafe. The file is really big. :( Like 48 mb but I don't have time right now to recompress the palettes and start over. Sorry. Unzip the file and use DAP to load the resulting .dpk file. Happy Painting!

http://www.mhwarner.com/dap/funky2for1HD.zip
mhwarner

Postby Gene_mtl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:37 pm

Looks great, Mary (But then all your AOPs do. <Smile>)

OIl Palette:
IMG_5087_DAP_Funky2for1HD_InvertedScratchy_250k.jpg
Oil palette, Sratchy Material. Post work included tweaking sharpness, contrast & saturation, definition plus curves adjustment
IMG_5087_DAP_Funky2for1HD_InvertedScratchy_250k.jpg (243.49 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

Watercolour
IMG_5087_DAP_Funky2for1HD_Watercolor_StrongPaper_250k.jpg
Watercolour palette. Added sketch layer, watercolur texture layer & paper layer per Kapic/Vitally tuts, Curves & saturation adjustment
IMG_5087_DAP_Funky2for1HD_Watercolor_StrongPaper_250k.jpg (240.21 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity, Mary. Really appreciated.
Gene_mtl

Postby mhwarner » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Glad you like the AOP Gene. I like the results you've come up with. I saw this lighthouse last summer. Was it Maine?
mhwarner

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter