Post your AOPs here.

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Post your AOPs here.

Postby lylejk » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am

I use Ubuntu One Dale; they have a pretty cool free option which I use to host my AOPs now. Though I installed the Ubuntu One software on my Win7 system, I don't use it to upload my files; I just use the web interface (my XP VM). :)

https://login.ubuntu.com/
lylejk

Postby anecessaryevil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks, Lyle.
You mentioned that before and I took a quick look at it but did not investigate it any further.
Hosting AOPs on Comcast should not be a problem but some of the AOPs I make are larger than 8 MB total. I guess I should check out your host service.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby jonayres57 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:31 am

Postby anecessaryevil » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:37 pm
Try this and see if it works:

http://home.comcast.net/~netgrafx/Crafted-v3.dpk

Comcast has an 8 mb limit so some of my AOPs will not fit. This might just be a temporary solution.

I had to figure out how Comcast lets me make a web page. Unfortunately they make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Thank you, worked perfectly, just click and save. Look forward to trying it out.
JD
jonayres57

Postby karateman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:56 am

HELP :x I'm down loading kias new AOP's from the web site but they are coming up as rar files. I'm inporting them into my DAP64 folder but they do not appear thear when I run it, what am I doing wrong.
karateman

Postby LigH » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 am

Kai's templates from the MediaFire links in this post?

There is sometimes a confusion between the MIME type the web server sends (not all use the "application/octet-stream" default for unknown extensions), and the default application which is registered to this MIME type in your browser (might be WinRAR in your specific case, because RAR archives are often unknown to webservers), so the browser might rename the file extension. Usually it should be sufficient to rename the downloaded file back to "*.dpk". Furthermore, some browsers can be configured if they shall trust rather the file extension or the MIME type.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby anecessaryevil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Sorry, can't help. They all downloaded as .dpk for me.
What browser are you using?
anecessaryevil

Postby Kai » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

You must have winrar in your computer.
Right click on the rar file -> Extract here, you will get A2.dpk.
Kai

Postby Fluffbutt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

LigH wrote:Kai's templates from the MediaFire links in this post?

There is sometimes a confusion between the MIME type the web server sends (not all use the "application/octet-stream" default for unknown extensions), and the default application which is registered to this MIME type in your browser (might be WinRAR in your specific case, because RAR archives are often unknown to webservers), so the browser might rename the file extension. Usually it should be sufficient to rename the downloaded file back to "*.dpk". Furthermore, some browsers can be configured if they shall trust rather the file extension or the MIME type.

They are all dpk files except the brush 62 - that's a rar file.

As an aside, does anyone know if they are versions (60.. 62..63), or are they separate files, distinct and different?
Fluffbutt

Postby anecessaryevil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Fluffbutt wrote:They are all dpk files except the brush 62 - that's a rar file.
As an aside, does anyone know if they are versions (60.. 62..63), or are they separate files, distinct and different?

Ah, I only checked out a few of them. Just goes to show I should not comment until I have completed any necessary research.
Then again, I have winrar and have for a decade or so. It never is a problem for me.
anecessaryevil

Postby LigH » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:18 am

:oops: Well, I did not check all the links. Sometimes a RAR archive is indeed a RAR archive... :P

There are several other archivers able to decompress RAR archives (among several). Even free software. And more efficient compressors. Like 7-zip.

WinRAR is a commercial archiver with a 40 day testing period. But it also provides free UnRAR extractors.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter