DAP Challenge

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

DAP Challenge

Postby mjb_nj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:27 pm

I've been working on and off with making my own custom AOPs. It's been fun (frustrating at times) but I've been somewhat successful. I was wondering if it would be fun to have occasional forum challenges to make AOPs (or maybe even combinations of AOPs that must be run in order) that in the end deliver a result that mimics/resembles certain artists' output. Not necessarily the output of old masters but more modern artists as well.

I'll throw one out there as a challenge: Can someone make an AOP(s) that mimics the art of Drew Struzan?

If you go to the movies (especially in the 1980's and 1990's you've seen his work), especially the Indiana Jones posters and many others, you would instantly recognize his work. It has a realistic, yet drawn look to it.
mjb_nj

Re: DAP Challenge

Postby Rachel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Man, you are ambitious! I'm happy to push enough buttons in the correct order to create something beautiful to my eye. That said, I know there are some pretty smart people lurking on this board and my bet it is that they will take you up on your little challenge and we will be in for some fun. It won't however be me.
Rachel

Re: DAP Challenge

Postby mjb_nj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Never said I could do it. I'm quite an amateur compared to some on these forums. I'm still struggling to understand all the settings in DAP (I think I truly understand about 60-65% of them at the moment). The missing 40-35% does get in the way a bit when trying to get a specific effect in an AOP (LOL).
mjb_nj

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter