Is it just me...

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Is it just me...

Postby Crimsicle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:37 pm

or could this become an obsession?

Greetings from a new user. I got DAP less than a week ago, and I think I need an intervention. I want to do nothing else! Am I the only one? Does it get better?

First...thanks to all of you for sharing tips, insight and and the results of your work. You are very inspirational. If it weren't for you, I would probably just be sitting there watching the auto-painter...well...auto-paint. You are teaching me how to really make it work through artistic interpretation and intervention. I am so proud of what I'm producing with this nifty little piece of software.

I've posted a small sampling of my outcomes on my blog.

http://girlfromtexas.wordpress.com/

I should have made notes as to what AOP I used (and layered), but I haven't gotten into that habit. I may need to set up a DAP blog or at least a Flicker page, but for now, this is all I've got going. Now, I must get back to my "studio." So many photos...so little time.

Thanks for all you do and share!

Suzette
Crimsicle

Re: Is it just me...

Postby anecessaryevil » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Welcome to the DAP obsession!
If you think it's bad right now just wait until you want to start making your own AOPs. That's when it gets really crazy!
You have some nice images on your blog. Feel free to post more here. We welcome them.
If you do Flickr a while back I started a Flickr group called Painting with Dynamic Auto Painter-safe:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/dapainter-safe/
I started this when the MediaChance forums went away for a few months and I needed a regular DAP fix.
Give it a look and join and contribute if you want.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Re: Is it just me...

Postby Rachel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:50 am

Suzette,

I'm glad you have joined the forum! I love the two pictures you posted on your blog, heck, I spent 10 minutes reading the blog. Really enjoyed your photographs as well. Sometimes we share a photo on this forum for everyone to work with and then everyone posts their results. Causes much laughter and learning.

Rachel
Rachel

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter