DAP Tips and Tricks

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: DAP Tips and Tricks

Postby anecessaryevil » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Rocambole wrote:AOP makers who want to study the brush strokes of the great masters in close-up will find lots of goodies here:
http://www.googleartproject.com/

Thank you for the link.
All photos I use are my photos unless otherwise noted in the post.
anecessaryevil

Postby lylejk » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:49 pm

I agree with Dale; excellent link Rocambole. :)
lylejk

Postby lylejk » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I've ran across a few image bitmap rippers since I was introduced to DAP and needed such a tool (AOP files), but this one's gotta be one of the smallest and slickest ones. Free too. Works at the DOS prompt (I just created a batch file and do drag and drop {see simple code below} and coped a shortcut to the batch file on my desktop. :)

http://www.mark0.net/soft-bitmaprip-e.html

Code: Select all
BitmapRip %1
lylejk

Postby InVisionArt » Tue May 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Experimentimg with different canvas files.

I have tried some different texture images a s canvas, just adding them in the canvas folder, Imortant to make them big enough to be sufficent for both landscape- and portrait mode.
If you look in Users paintings on the Raven, I used a scratched metal plate as canvas, and I like the result. Possibilties are many, just trial and error !!
For the 2,5 Mb file I make a canvas exture of at least 1600x1600 pix, often more. I am so new on this, that I just have begun to learn, but I do love the program!
InVisionArt

Re: DAP Tips and Tricks BLACK CANVAS

Postby amziecat » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

If you use black canvas ,,I have tried it, it works but the paint is not opaque enough .
Does anyone know how to over come this .
I love the black canvas but can not get paint to be opaque enough with enough contrast .
Also would like to know if there is a quick way to colorize black and white photos, to use something that will read the value range and assign it a color .
amziecat

Postby Fluffbutt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:04 am

Another canvas trick:

In an image program (I use IrfanView), desaturate (greyscale) an image. Adjust contrast and such, make sure whites are where you want height, if not, invert it.
Save it as something easy to remember (1tst.jpg) and put it in the canvas folder.
Now open the SAME original image in DAP and run some preset on it, set the canvas to 1tst.jpg. The image is it's own canvas, creating a sort-of semi relief or paint stroke type effect.

It won't work on all presets though, and you have to be careful of size, DAP overlays the canvas at the end of it's working and often it's out of sync with he image.
Fluffbutt

Postby mhwarner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 am

Hi Fluffbutt,

And welcome! I recognize your ID from one of the other forums (Retouch, or Innographix?). Anyway, good to have you here and thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.
mhwarner

Postby Fluffbutt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

RetouchPro!!

I don't get in there as often as I'd like now. Real life intrudes.

Nice to see you! (or is it "nice to read you".. ?)
Fluffbutt

Postby Rocambole » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:00 am

Here is another color palette generator which I think gives a bit more correct results than the one mentioned earlier in this thread:
http://jrm.cc/color-palette-generator/
Rocambole

Postby Rachel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:15 pm

http://designm.ag/inspiration/350-free-fresh-textures/

Some great textures and papers. I haven't figured out how to use them yet but I have downloaded many. Let me know if you have a easy, fabulous way to incorporate them into your art. Thank you!
Rachel

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter