Wish List for 4.x

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Wish List for 4.x

Postby Fluffbutt » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:53 am

Like this:

It's starting to piss me off having to re-start DAP every 2=5 trials of an AOP.. it makes it really annoying trying to make up a new style!

Shut down - restart - paints normally all over for a few AOP changes.. then forgets what the hell it's doing and snorts cocaine then just dumps all the strokes on one spot! (after inverting some of them!!)
Fluffbutt

Postby Fluffbutt » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:18 am

Another request - a "100%" button in the layers tab - so we can see the closer effect of a layer blend without having to apply it then 1:1 the output, don't like it, go back to layers tab and try again..

And, while I;m on the layers tab - how about an option to have the user texture a one-off deal rather than saved in the layers folder?
Fluffbutt

Postby Allex » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:03 am

I beg to add

1. Quick Mask
Quick Mask has priority over other masks.
Quick mask is active after the start of the drawing, while pressing "pause".
Can be repeatedly download, edit, invert, remove the mask.
Add checkbox priorities with other masks.

2. I beg to correct tactical error
If you change the Real / Syurreal program not process mask "Detail Mask" and "Portrait Dry Reveal Mask".
The program has to process a mask also.
Attachments
Scr-Shot00002.jpg
Scr-Shot00002.jpg (159.2 KiB) Viewed 3748 times
machine translation
Allex

Postby smmsamm » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:41 pm

We have brush placement in AOP editor please add some more options for rotating and placing brushes for mosaic:
0000.jpg
0000.jpg (228.23 KiB) Viewed 3665 times

I want to put brushes like this:
6.jpg
6.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3665 times
smmsamm

Postby kg415 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:00 pm

I have tens of thousands images cataloged in Lightroom, and would like to be able to export an image, run DAP to edit it, and have the results automatically imported back into LR, in the same way one can edit LR images in other apps such as Photoshop, Photomatix Pro, etc.

Thanks.
kg415

Postby lylejk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:15 am

smmsamm wrote:We have brush placement in AOP editor please add some more options for rotating and placing brushes for mosaic:
0000.jpg

I want to put brushes like this:
6.jpg

Now that's what you call packing Sam. I don't think any program can realistically give you such a result. PicPak, the only program I know of that can pack objects, won't even give you such a result. It would be nice though. :)
lylejk

Postby Fluffbutt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:19 pm

The other thing with the packing is that it's not how painters work and DAP is all about recreating painting.

What DAP really needs is selectable stroke alignment - like the old photoshop pluygin, Impressionist, did - strokes aligned by hue or grey-scale value, edge alignment, etc..

Having packed strokes is a very limited need - maybe for mosaic look-a-likes, etc..
Fluffbutt

Postby lylejk » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Yes; maybe Oscar and actually create a found object mosaic program that matches and fits tiles based on an input image. Not sure how hard that would be to create, but for inspiration, the links below would be something cool to be able to create digitally. :)

http://artistaday.com/?p=16381

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/photos/char ... 48010.html
lylejk

Postby smmsamm » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 am

I think The algorithm of DAP for detecting best shape and place is lazy but Oscar has built some options for grid placement of strokes before:
Template Editor->Advanced AOP settings->GridX,GridY if oscar put more options there or add script interpreter to DAP for putting each stroke we could do some mosaic effect.

Photoshop Cs6+ has some new features for filling with script:
Photoshop-->Edit-->Fill-->Use Scripted Patterns.

Deco Scripted Patterns in Photoshop
http://www.adobe.com/technology/projects/DecoScriptedPatternsInPhotoshop.html

and some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxkZnyhjJDk
smmsamm

Postby lylejk » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Cool stuff from Adobe Sam. Too bad I won't update from CS5 to CS6 for obvious reasons. lol

I've played in the past with the grid option (Dominoes preset I created for one), but it's very limited. Again, I don't think DAP was ever set up for mosaic creation; better to just create a new program specializing in object packing and found object mosaics. My guess is it would be pretty complicated a challenge though. Some research has already been done (Jigsaw Image Mosaics for one), but I'm only a user; not a coder. :)
lylejk

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter