[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4721: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4723: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4724: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4725: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3851)
New MMBforums • View topic - Strategy for Creating a Color Palette

Strategy for Creating a Color Palette

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Strategy for Creating a Color Palette

Postby LigH » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 am

Ah, right, you can use it as an "impression" ... you can load an image to use as impression, select the "Impression" or "Impression+" palette, then click in the menu "Tools - Add impression..." to add this impression to the AOP template you selected, then load the image you want to paint using that impression. But I never tried that, I am not sure how well it will adapt. Expect surprises, as it may also adapt shapes, not only colors (especially in "Impression+" mode). Read about it in the supplied help.pdf (at least this was present in DAP x64 3.0, there it's chapter 4.3).
# — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby tonygamble » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:33 pm

I seem to have a different version of DAP to you.

My palette choices are Color Match and Color Match +

To find the Add Impression I have to look in Painter rather than Tools.

I am doing this with an AOP template selected - in my case Acry Real.

But when I have 'added' the postarised image it does not appear in the list of Palette Impressions.

I'm using Pro version 4.0.

Maybe this is out of date?

Tony
tonygamble

Postby LigH » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:35 pm

Mine may be. I have only v3.0.

The impression does not appear as new palette entry. You would load the image to apply the impression to, then select the "Impression" palette and select the impression image.
LigH

Postby tonygamble » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Lucky you!

I have just spent 50 UKP upgrading to version 5.

Still got different names and drop downs to you.

Is there another way I can use my postarised image with four colours to create a four colour palette?

Tony
tonygamble

Postby tonygamble » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:58 pm

"The impression does not appear as new palette entry. You would load the image to apply the impression to, then select the "Impression" palette and select the impression image."

What do you mean by impression palette? Do you mean the little arrow symbol to the right of the place where you can choose one of four palettes?

Tony
tonygamble

Postby tonygamble » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Got it.

Program needs to be run in Administrator mode.

Now to move on to more experiments.

Tony
tonygamble

Postby LigH » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Attachments
DAP3Pal.png
DAP3Pal.png (7.02 KiB) Viewed 1878 times
LigH

Postby tonygamble » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 pm