DAP 5 coming soon

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Keeping up with development of DAP 5

Postby lylejk » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Oscar wrote:You should be able to do some mosaics by using the grid option (template advanced button). It is generally not easy to implement zero overlapping brush strokes, because the strokes are not remembered and they have also different shape.
Remember DAP is montecarlo algorithm and if only one brushstroke is placed on a certain place and that is it the chance that this is the best possible brush stroke is very slim. With the montecarlo we expect that it is being refined by repetition and that at the end we will get close. You are practically asking for a different algorithm altogether. If we disallow overlapping brushstrokes the result would be very far from an image, more like random-ish splatter.

Ah; maybe a possible future mosaic program separate from DAP then. Hmmmm. lol

On my wish list of programs anyway, but maybe not for others. Just a big fan of found object mosaics (well mosaics in general). :)
lylejk

Postby Allex » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:07 am

Oscar wrote:...... black and white "mask" not an alpha mask and then set it as Exclusion mask.

Thank you
The update is expected to support - adjustable rotating brushes? (dynamic)
detail

light settings in the "Material" does not affect the layer is added to the "Layers" :?: , here is an example ......

watch :arrow: watch
machine translation
Allex

Postby Steve Taylor » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:53 pm

The open file dialog has the latest edited files in the dropdown list as discussed with Oscar previously. I am really fed up with having to choose jpg files, before the drop down list is filled.
Steve Taylor

Postby LigH » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:13 am

Please excuse a slightly off-topic question, and I hope I did not miss it if it already exists ... would you also consider a kind of "DAP lite" for mobile devices, certainly with limited canvas sizes and features? Some people love playing with their smartphone, processing photos and sending edited results to buddies (with apps like e.g. "Fotor").
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby LadyArtist » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Wow , looking forward to version 5. I hope there will be a beta for us to try .
LadyArtist

Postby Oscar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:05 am

LigH wrote:Please excuse a slightly off-topic question, and I hope I did not miss it if it already exists ... would you also consider a kind of "DAP lite" for mobile devices, certainly with limited canvas sizes and features? Some people love playing with their smartphone, processing photos and sending edited results to buddies (with apps like e.g. "Fotor").

There are for iphones and ipods, called AutoPainter, AutoPainter II , AutoPainter III (I think).
I don't even know if they are still working on current IOS, maybe. Apple keep changing the development tools like they are going out of style. And not just small changes. Actual changes to the programming language (because that's what programmers love, to re-learn things every whim). I couldn't cope with it. Language and tools created by university academics where everyone with Phd has the next great idea so they keep changing it, adding, removing... great tools for young people (I assume) who don't need to be bothered by the old programming paradigms.

This is why I like Microsoft. Most of the time they just mess things up trying to be smart, then need to backtrack and end up pretty much where they started just a tiny bit better.... it is a very weird approach that somehow looks like big changes are being made, but in reality the end result is just being little refined old stuff with minute steps. Look at the Win7, Win8, Win8.1 Win10 and all that hula about new super-duper metro interface and no start button because no-one wants that, and here we go with Win 10.Start button is back with some changes and the metro interface is also mostly gone out of sight. Every cycle they do this, like clockwork. And my programming tools are just the same. The new Visual Studio is not much different than the VC6 I used almost two decades ago, even though it went through many pubertal changes - it ended up back where I liked it.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby LigH » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:20 am

Well, Apple is a "parallel universe". ;)

Android has Linux roots, there you should get a little bit further with e.g. GCC, yasm, and similar OpenSource development tools. Of course, they have their own quirks sometimes.

And Windows phones and tablets ... no issues anyway. More or less the same OS as on desktops, now.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby Oscar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 am

I promised myself to look into Qt. Well, it was way back and I still didn't. But it would be my choice for multi-platform development. Oh, scratch that, my true choice would be to have a team of programmers to figure all that out and I will just tell them what to do. Yes. That. One can only dream.
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby sfriedman39 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:22 pm

I'd love to see a Preset in the style of Tolle Perry
TollePerry2.jpg
TollePerry2.jpg (64.03 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
tolleperry1.jpg
tolleperry1.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
sfriedman39

Postby rgalka » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:07 pm

on my wishlist would be a more realistic pencil drawing / sketch... where the pencil lines follow the "shapes" and outlines.

a nice option, but not critical would be the ability to see the image painted in a 1:1 size.. it would help in determining your ideal time to stop the painting.

Oh and.... thanks for all you do ;O)
rgalka

PreviousNext

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter