Very Basic Question

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Very Basic Question

Postby sfriedman39 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm

I am trying to tweak some of the existing vfbox files that came with DAP 4.0. I just can't figure out how to save them as a different name and then have them show up on the list in the DAP editor. What fundamental piece of information am I missing here to be able to save a vfbox file?
sfriedman39

Re: Very Basic Question

Postby mhwarner » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:30 pm

sfriedman39 wrote:I am trying to tweak some of the existing vfbox files that came with DAP 4.0. I just can't figure out how to save them as a different name and then have them show up on the list in the DAP editor. What fundamental piece of information am I missing here to be able to save a vfbox file?

Hi,

If you don't already have it, you would need to purchase the Photo Reactor software (also from Mediachance: http://www.mediachance.com/reactor/index.html ). Then you can open, edit and save vfbox files from that program. Actually, the best way to edit a particular file is to edit a template that uses one of the effects, then find and edit that effect from within the DAP template editor, which will open PhotoReactor directly. Section 10.2 of the DAP .pdf manual (accessed from the "Help" menu item within DAP) provides a more detailed explanation. If you edit one of these files, you should probably back up the original vfbox file or save your edits with a new name and then edit the template in DAP to use the newly modified Reactor effect.
mhwarner

Postby sfriedman39 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks. FInally figured it out
sfriedman39

Postby sfriedman39 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:46 pm

I've created a new project and have it saved as a .flow file. I want to make that into a .vbox file that I can use with DAP. I can't figure out the steps I need to do this.
sfriedman39

Postby mhwarner » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:00 pm

In Photoreactor, select "Virtual Effect\Create Virtual Effect" from the top menu (or right click inside the flow panel and select the same options from the right-click menu). Then select "Virtual Effect\Export to VFBOX file" being careful to save the file to the folder where DAP stores (and looks for) vfbox files. This is usually under your xxuser\Documents\DAP folder. You should then be able to select the new file from within the DAP template builder.
mhwarner

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter