Limit UnderPainting?

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Limit UnderPainting?

Postby StuartP » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:48 pm

Is there a way to have more influence over the number of strokes used in the Underpainting process? I've been messing with Portofino and really like the style it creates when you stop the Underpainting below 1000, however when you do that, you don't go through the remaining steps. I have also noticed that this particular AOP the underpainting process just runs.... for a very long time. I have lost track of how long it runs but it easily gets to 80,000+ strokes. By the time it's done there's so much detail that dry reveal isn't even necessary. Is this simply because of how many brushes there are in this AOP? What factors are involved in figuring out how to limit the amount of underpainting a particular AOP will perform?

If there's not a way to limit it, I think it would be AWESOME if in DAP 5 we could specify an Underpaint Stroke count in the AOP and provide overrides in the Main Painter dialog.

Thanks,

Stu
StuartP

Re: Limit UnderPainting?

Postby mhwarner » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:12 pm

StuartP,

Try changing the number of "Strokes" in the "Brush Strokes" section of the Main Painter window to something less than the default (500 seems to be minimum). This should affect the underpainting. The Portofino AOP runs "non-stop", but I believe that affects only the detail brushes.
mhwarner

Postby LigH » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:02 am

There is also a kind of "slider" which changes the ratio between underpaint and detail brushes. Going to extremes and selecting the leftmost position close to "Less time" may possibly disable detail brushes completely.

Screenshot from DAP x64 v3:

DAPx64v3_DB.png
DAPx64v3_DB.png (1.24 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby Marcos » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello, sorry for my english
If an AOP have many times and very much strokes in the UnderPainting process, you can limited the number of strokes with the next steps:
Run DAP as administrator
Tools--> Template editor
-->Import, the AOP with endless underpainting
-->Click on the Dry Reveal tab
-->Dry Reveal (Before Detail Step)
-->Select "Always" option
Save

Best Regards,
Marcos
Marcos

Postby rgalka » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 am

if you right click in the painting window while it is doing the underpainting it will pause... there is a sort of progress bar at the bottom. There is a marker that I think is the amount of underpainting that it will do. You can change that to be less or more with your mouse.. right click again to continue.
rgalka

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter