Saving Presets Not Working

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Saving Presets Not Working

Postby pita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:25 am

Hi, I'm using the trial version of DAP 5.0.3 - this is by far the best of the bunch (Alien Skin's Snap Art, Topaz's Impressions, etc.) Dynamic Auto Painter is miles ahead of them - great job. Looks like I'll be purchasing a copy :)

Question - I'm trying to save my custom presets. For example, if I select the "Vincent HD" preset, and then make a few changes to it (such as adjusting the brush stroke size or maybe adjusting the "faithful" slider, etc.) - I'd like to save those changes as a preset. My understanding is that I have to go to 'Painter/Add Current Preset To Favorites' and it should save my preset - but it isn't doing anything. Nothing is added to the favorites panel.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!!
pita

Re: Saving Presets Not Working

Postby pita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Anyone? I've tried everything, the most I can do is add a preset to the favorites panel. But I can't save a preset that has a few adjustments to it (adjust brush stroke size, etc) as a favorite.
pita

Postby ChrisDamiron » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 am

In order to be able to save your adjustments, you should choose "Add Current Settings To Favorites" instead of Preset.

You can also do it using the template Editor and Add/Save it as a Variation.

Have fun!
ChrisDamiron

Postby pita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 am

thanks Chris - but this still isn't working. Here's what I'm doing:

Step 1 - Click on the "presets" tab at the bottom-left-hand corner of DAP

Step 2 - Right-click on a preset and click on "Add to Favorites..."

Step 3 - That preset successfully shows up in the "Favorites" tab - I can drag the icon anywhere I like in that panel

Step 4 - Make a few changes to that preset - for example, pull the "real" slider all the way to the left, and increase the "Brush Strokes" size to 1000

Step 5 - Go to the menu at the top, and go to "Painter/Add Current Settings to Favorites"

At this point, nothing happens. So I go into the favorites panel again, double-click the icon which was the icon I just added, and the settings return to the default settings for that preset, not the settings that I adjusted.

I'm thinking that this is a major component to the software; the ability to save user-adjusted presets. But this isn't working on my end. What am I doing wrong?
pita

Postby ChrisDamiron » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:56 am

Okay

The problem might be that you did not install and/or do not run DAP with Administrator Privileges. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, Right-Click and choose Run as Administrator. If you have 8.1 or 10, then possibly the problem is that you are using the trial version. Which, as much as I can remember, had some bugs with saving presets, canvas... No such troubles with the full 5.0.3 version.
ChrisDamiron

Postby pita » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:33 pm

thanks again- running as admin doesn't make a difference though. I'm running Win7. Is it not possible to save custom presets for this version of DAP5.0.3/Win7?
pita

Postby ChrisDamiron » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:32 pm

Works perfectly with full version
ChrisDamiron

Postby pita » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:50 am

how can i get a hold of support and ask them?
pita

Postby ChrisDamiron » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:18 pm

You can try @ http://mediachance.com/contact.htm but Roman Voska is very busy and you will have a hard time.
ChrisDamiron

Postby pita » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:55 am

thanks, I'll try this. I think the trial version may not have this feature included somehow.
pita

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter