Robo BRUSH - DAP inside Rebelle, Photoshop, Painter: FREE

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Re: Robo BRUSH - DAP inside Rebelle, Photoshop, Painter: FRE

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 pm

The versatility of this little app could increase almost exponentially by adding basic macro recording capability for creation of application specific steps... I. E. Duplicate layer... apply effect... change blending mode or any number of other program specific functions. Would allow for much more complex automation with any feature heavy image editor. Other masking options like making by hue or luminosity or edges etc would also make great additions if you feel like adding more to robobrush
The.Great.ESCape

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Is it just me, or is there an issue with the sizing algorithm selection not sticking? I set it to the middle algorithm... name escaping me at the moment... and tested the full, 1/2 and 1/4 to see the effects, but when using a preset to actually paint... the results did not seem to be the same. I edited the preset to see the sizing and all that and I have been fiddling. Currently seeing what I can get it to do in Clip Paint Studio 5. It does work, but like I said.. the sizing doesn't seem to match the algorithm I chose for the program. I will be messing with a lot of settings in a lot of paint apps... lol. I sent an email saying there were a couple of issues getting it to work in both PD Howler 11 and Paint Storm Studio. A shame... I rather like them both for different reasons. I can happily continue my manual painting, but in case you want to get it working across more paint software.

PD Howler 11 defaults to numerical input and provides a slider if you first click in an arrow to initialize it. it has a second option for sliders, but they are vertical instead of horizontal. May be worth providing an option for numerical input, and vertical sliders.

In Paint Storm Studio I am unsure why, but I cannot seem to get it to work with more than one of the RGB sliders. I make sure everything is lined up and it only works on the Red slider. I do not know if the clicks are too rapid or if maybe a second click in each location would help. I do know that all the dockers scale and the contents dynamically scale with it... it's pretty slick actually. the setting panels can take up a huge amount of screen real estate.... but you can also customize and go minimal... There are some drawbacks and lacking features to the application, but in many ways it's almost like a happy blend between corel painter and Clip Paint Studio.
The.Great.ESCape

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Mon May 01, 2017 12:18 am

If it helps when initially setting up the brush size slider in Clip Paint Studio it goes from 0.1 to 14.1 to 2000. I'm thinking it uses a different algorithm. For apps that allow numeric output that would bypass the issue being able to set the range manually. I suppose sliders are faster though... 1 click as opposed to 1 click plus up to 4 digits in this case... hmmm...
The.Great.ESCape

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Mon May 01, 2017 3:37 pm

oops... you can mask by edges already... that's awesome... somehow missed that one. I am having fun experimenting.
The.Great.ESCape

Postby The.Great.ESCape » Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm

okay... it's fun... and yes it takes a lot of experimentation and/or manual intervention to get conventionally good results, but for people who like to experiment... it is fun. I do have one basic pet peeve after playing with it a while now though. and that's the method of pausing. There should be an option to set a hotkey... 3 or 4 times now when I have jiggled the mouse... it has reconfigured the interface of the host software... lol. That's a tad annoying. I mean I can think of other things I wish it could do of course, but yeah that's the pet peeve as far as how the program currently works... even if it doesn't tear apart the interface you usually end up with a funky stroke on the canvas.
The.Great.ESCape

Previous

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter