Display Problems in Windows 10 - ASUS laptop

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Display Problems in Windows 10 - ASUS laptop

Postby sfriedman39 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Capture_3.jpg
Capture_3.jpg (193.85 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
[attachment=0]I am having trouble getting DAP 5 to display properly on my ASUS laptop. Sometimes the presets will show up, sometimes they won't. I am using Windows 10 64 bit OS on an ASUS Q304U Notebook computer. The default font size is set to 9.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (144 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
Capture_2.jpg
Capture_2.jpg (145 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
sfriedman39

Re: Display Problems in Windows 10 - ASUS laptop

Postby Oscar » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:42 pm

I've got your email, but without seeing the screenshots I gave you the wrong answer.

The buttons really are enormous!
Something in your windows is resizing the controls (but not menu items) to really large size
Check the display scalling in windows 10.
Settings, System, Display. (Or, simply right-click the desktop and choose Display Settings from the pop-up menu that appears.)

There is a control: Change the size of text, apps and other items... see what it is set to. Try to set it to 100%.

There is also advanced settings there “Advanced display settings” that allows you to change font for individual items. (Change only the Text size)
Look through all items listed there if something is set to some really big number.

There is far more in the Windows Metrics registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
Maybe some app change something there? Because the Menus are normal size but the buttons are not.

Here is more about it:
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/window ... ay-scaling
Oscar
Site Admin

Postby sfriedman39 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:45 pm

I installed it on my wife's windows 10 computer and the button sizes and screen layouts are normal, so the problem is not with DAP. I've tried changing the display sizes in the Display settings, but still getting the same result no matter which version of DAP I use. Tried installing, reinstalling, going back to older versions - all same result. Anyone who might have a clue here I really need to get this right.
sfriedman39

Postby sfriedman39 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Never did find the answer. Had to reinstall Windows 10 to correct it. Most likely a bad font.
sfriedman39

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter