Background off white and outline issue

Discussion about Mediachance DAP

Background off white and outline issue

Postby shoremedia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:12 am

Hi, I have an issue where I'm working on a image that should have pure white background but for some reaon DAP always defaults to making a originally white background offwhite and also even though i'm using realism with no canvas background or outline it looks furry and not what i want to achieve, i just want normal edges, please see attached, anyway to resolve?

Thanks,

Ceri.
Attachments
issue2.jpg
issue2.jpg (785.63 KiB) Viewed 976 times
shoremedia

Re: Background off white and outline issue

Postby rgalka » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:56 pm

I am not sure... but by any chance are you using a PNG image with a transparent background?
rgalka

Postby shoremedia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 pm

rgalka wrote:I am not sure... but by any chance are you using a PNG image with a transparent background?

Hi, no all are just plain jpg's, im a experienced graphic designer and often choose to paint images I have designed with DAP, wish there was just a repaint option to get an exact replica but in painted style with just brush strokes no fluff, anyone else no of a work around for this? Thanks
shoremedia

Postby rgalka » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 am

can it be the outline option? there are tabs on the bottom one of which is outline. See if turning off the outline or selecting a different makes any difference.
rgalka

Postby rgalka » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:27 am

Sorry I just noticed that you mentioned you are already using no outline.. so ignore previous post ;O)
rgalka

Postby LigH » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:51 am

This "furry" texture looks like a "dry reveal" phase; you can disable this step for "more realism" in the advanced painting options.
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby shoremedia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 pm

LigH wrote:This "furry" texture looks like a "dry reveal" phase; you can disable this step for "more realism" in the advanced painting options.

Hi, thanks for your advice, is there any specific tutorials anywhere for this as the advanced section is not overly intuitive nor is the pdf document supporting it, very hard to pin down what exactly is causing this fluffy appearance without hours and hours of trial and error, Thanks.
shoremedia

Postby LigH » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 am

Here a screenshot from DAP x64 Pro v3.0 (might look slightly different in other versions): Try to uncheck this box.
Attachments
DAP_ER.png
Enhanced Realism (Use Reveal brush)
DAP_ER.png (7.86 KiB) Viewed 939 times
#MediaChances — a deviantArtist group
LigH

Postby shoremedia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:06 pm

LigH wrote:Here a screenshot from DAP x64 Pro v3.0 (might look slightly different in other versions): Try to uncheck this box.

Thanks for the advice but I'm running v 5.03 and it's very different in the advanced section, check the attached image, I can't see anything that refers to enhanced realism, any idea's anyone?
Attachments
settings.jpg
settings.jpg (108.82 KiB) Viewed 911 times
shoremedia

Postby Ozzy » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:27 am

LigH wrote:This "furry" texture looks like a "dry reveal" phase; you can disable this step for "more realism" in the advanced painting options.

Thanks for this tip it helped me a lot. Ozzy :D
Ozzy

Return to Dynamic Auto Painter